I have just submitted my first app to BlackBerry World.

The file release was denied because the submission reviewer thought I had made a mistake in the splash screen orientation, but it was designed that way and is intended to be that way.

Is the splash screen design a common reason why an app submission is rejected? I find it kind of amusing (especially when a previous rejection cited that as a reason, so I fixed the legitimate problems and resubmitted with a "note: splash screen orientation is intentional" comment, only to have the splash screen orientation cited as the ONLY reason for rejection).

Just curious as to what the expected outcome is. I don't want to compromise my splash screen / branding decisions because of a reviewer's subjective taste.
    05-20-14 11:17 AM
    They have some picky reviewers and deny for no reason. I have this happened to me.

why don't you just make the splash screens proper sizes?
    05-20-14 01:05 PM
    They have some picky reviewers and deny for no reason. I have this happened to me.

why don't you just make the splash screens proper sizes?
    They are. I have the logo running vertically because it is an interesting abstract shape rather than just a word mark. There are 5 screens and they are all correctly named and proper PNG graphics that work as designed on all my test hardware (having resolutions of 1280 x 720, 720 x 1280, 1280 x 768, 768 x 1280, and 720 x 720. I hope it will pass after writing to them to reaffirm the correctness of the splash screen designs.
    05-21-14 12:41 AM
    For the record, the update to the published release, with the splash screen orientation the same, got denied: I wrote and confirmed the splash screen orientation is correct and the release was approved very quickly thereafter.
    10-14-14 07:50 AM
    Check out EvenSteven One in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/55005889

I do admit it's weird the first time you see it on the side but I'm happy they approved it as it's obvious that it's your decision to let it on the side.
    10-14-14 01:15 PM
    I just loaded it on my Passport and truly understand the reason why they thought that the splash screen was deemed to be
    Great app and works perfectly fine here
    10-21-14 03:09 PM