Hi, im not sure if this is the correct spot to post this, but i figured if anyone can help its someone with some computer knowledge.

I recently purchased a sandisk 64gb micro sd card, and am using it in my Q10. I took a bunch of videos and pictures with the phone on vacation, and then created a folder on the micro sd card and called it Cabo then moved all videos and pictures into the folder.

I then put the same memory card into a galaxy s 3 to copy pictures and videos from a friend into the folder but then when i was trying to copy them over it was giving me a unable to copy, or copy failed type message with no reason why.

I didn't think anything of it at first, but now when i try to access the files in the folder, first of all, there are 2 folders called _ABO and they only have 25% of the files in the folder, the files don't open, and they are all 0mb in size, and also there is about 100 files called "_" in the main directory of the micro sd card and they are unknown file type again all 0mb.

So now i have no pics from my vacation! Fml! Is there any way to recover these? I would really appreciate any help i can get with this. I have searched google for about 2 hours and have not come across anything!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:32 PM
    Probably not the best place to post this message, as this area relates to developer stuff. Sounds like you need the Q10 issues or Samsung issues forums..... For what it's worth, since it worked fine on your Q10 then it is probably a corruption to the file-system that happened when you put the card in the Samsung phone. There are some programs available to help you read "corrupt" flash cards that may work.
    07-23-13 05:56 PM
    Probably not the best place to post this message, as this area relates to developer stuff. Sounds like you need the Q10 issues or Samsung issues forums..... For what it's worth, since it worked fine on your Q10 then it is probably a corruption to the file-system that happened when you put the card in the Samsung phone. There are some programs available to help you read "corrupt" flash cards that may work.
    Would the sd card still be considered if i can access everything else except for this one particular folder? I have approx 20gb of files/folders on the sd card, the only one affected is this one particular folder.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:57 AM
    Ok so just wanted to post an update. For anyone that has come across this issue, i was not able to find out why this happened, my guess is something to do with swapping cards and when it went into the galaxy s 3, i didn't wait long enough for it to index the memory card and just started trying to save files onto it.

But with that being said, i got back about 75% of the pics/videos!

I used a software called Zero Assumption Recovery. It's a free software if your just trying to recover pics/videos. I put my micro sd card into an sd card adapter, then put that in my computer. Ran the software, which took over an hour to scan the card, it recovered 60gbs of files, which was weird, i never even had more than 20gbs on it. Then i saved all the recovered files to my computer in a folder on desktop, deleted all the stuff that i didn't need and what was left is the pics/videos i wanted!

Not sure how to close this post now but just thought i would leave a follow up on how this all turned out.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 11:54 AM
    Thanks for sharing your solution, as it could come in handy to others!

I think another lesson to be learned is what size of removable storage we should choose to rely on in everyday practical use. My philosophy is this...

Having a smaller storage forces you to backup regularly and minimizes damage if something happens.

You can get huge cards for digital cameras these days. I know people who never back it up until it is full, which could be months or years of photos.

So on my camera with a 2 GB card I can hold hundreds, maybe thousands of photos. That is more than I could take even on 5 vacations, or months of photos. Why would I ever need to buy a 32 GB memory card for my camera?

So when it comes to phone memory, what is the most practical size you need for day-to-day use? You need to decide on your individual needs, but I don't recommend buying huge amounts over what you need... especially for average users who never backup and just keep loading stuff on their phone until a disaster occurs and they've lost everything. :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    07-29-13 07:00 PM
    1080p or 1080i videos take up a large amount of space...that's the need for a big card...

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:44 AM