Just a little explanation, I spend must of my day with my blackberry in one hand and a Seagate Freeagent Hard drive on the other, I was wondering if somebody has tried this and connected both so you can open and manage your files on your BB

I will appreciate almost everybody's comments (obviously an smart *** comment is not appreciated)
    08-25-09 02:00 PM
    Wow, this would be interesting. Did you dream this last night, or is it something you saw somewhere? I'm hoping for the latter.
    08-25-09 04:41 PM
    I've been thinking about something like that for a while but I've never actually asked is somebody has done it before, and I think is easier to have a BB than a netbook
    But the other thing is how much battery will the hard drive drain
    08-25-09 08:46 PM
    You mean something like this:

iPod Nano and 200GB 3.5" HDD

Here is the battery comparison for this monstrosity.

A bit of an old example; The Freeagent hard drive would be a lot smaller and slimmer. Could possibly provide better battery life too.

Instructions
    08-26-09 10:00 AM
    Now this gave me a laugh. It's either a joke or a fake. The iPod could not power the 12V DC that this drive requires.
    08-26-09 10:11 AM
    Pretty sure you can't do that, as the BB can't act as a USB host - it's only ever the "slave" for want of a better phrase (can't think of the techy term)...

Love that pic of the iPod though. haha!
    Last edited by Barljo; 08-26-09 at 11:03 AM. Reason: lol@ipod
    08-26-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD