Hi guys.
    The language of my country (Persian) is similar to Arabic, except that we have 4 more letters. Arabic is supported by blackberry but Persian is not.

Is it possible for a developer to access the source files of keyboard and modify the Arabic keyboard and define a new keyboard layout for BB10? I think of placing those extra 4 letters somewhere on the keyboard accessible with a long press.
    I have downloaded the SDK to create a keyboard layout to be able to type in Persian but it would be my first development for a smartphone. I appreciate your advices and guidelines.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:45 AM
    hahahaha my brain read that as The language of my country (Persian) is similar to Arabic, except that we have more than 4 letters!

Just when you thought rascisms couldn't get any more rascismer! ;-)

haha ah, I'm a terrible person.

On topic, I have no idea. I suppose you could try and make the letters smaller or add them as long-press items to similar letters.

For instance, in the Anglo-Saxen languages (and many others), you can long press on "e" for "�" or "�" etc. Honestly, I don't know Arabic or Persian so I don't know how well this would work.

Sorry for only being racist and useless. :-) Hope you come right!
    09-26-13 04:44 AM
    Lol. Thanks anyway for trying to help

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:16 AM
    There's currently no way for developers to access or modify the stock keyboard. There's also no way to implement a different keyboard. A change like this would have to come directly from Blackberry.
    09-26-13 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD