There has been a post somewhere online about a guy making a bunch of money from his app. Here is one version of the blog My last Android app sales figures, and why it's still great to start a mobile app business. - Edward Kim

In the other blog, I can't exactly find it, a good amount at google will find you more blogs like that, anyway, he said that he tried to raise his app price for a little bit while the app was still selling and he noticed that the amount of sales has not really decreased, but the income has increased.

So what I'm trying to get at here, if you are a developer, your app is selling well, why not raise the price and make your time worth something more while you can. Yea, it seems to be a bit unfair, but why not? It's kind of like in the stock market, the more people buy, the more it costs to buy, the more people sell( not buying in this case of apps), the lower the price will be in order to continue to bring in revenue.

Having a local store do that, would be a bit odd, but if the product owner decides to raise the price of it, the store has a choice of either stop selling it, or accommodate to price change. This doesn't happen often though. But if you look online, like Amazon, you will see that one month a price is low, the next month it's high, then it's even lower, that's because it's easier to do that digitally than doing so at a retail store. The thing is at a local retail, the price doesn't change as much because they keep it fairly steady most of the time, and that is why it can be more expensive to buy the item in the local store than online.

Local stores have a reputation in the local area, so customers come in one way or the other in order to get what they want right away, where online, they try to bring in more customers by lowering prices.

What I'm getting at is the price change isn't something to be upset about as it happens everywhere.
    Please take anything I mentioned with a grain of salt as I am not an expert at finances, even though I do work in financial services, most of this stuff though is my opinion that comes from personal experience and just observing how the things happen to work around.

May be you should try to develop an app, it's not an easy task and greed can hit at any time. You can be the good person and never change the price of your app, or just change it so more people can afford it.

I should stop ranting. Sorry that you had to experience this somewhat unfair sudden price change.
    04-04-14 04:24 PM
26 12