I'm looking for an app to be created for my blackberry classic. And for everyone else that has bb10.

The app - Razer Utility that is available for Android / iOS and Win 8.1

I have the Razer Nabu and I want the app for my classic. I will happily pay a dev to port this over as the Apk doesn't function that great on BB10.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:35 PM
    Interesting...Lemme see what I can do.
    12-31-14 06:04 PM
    That would be great.

Just need the Razer Nabu to respond to;

1) text
    2) email
    3) calls

Anything beyond that like facebook, linkedin or Skype would be a huge bonus.

Right now with the latest Apk installed I can only get calls to show up on the wearable tech. It pairs fine with the classic, and I can send hundreds of test notifications to cause the device to vibrate. But anything beyond calls don't work.

Would rather invest in an app than an android device.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:34 PM
    Wow good idea hope that works out for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:43 PM
    I'll pay someone for an app that can make the home screen switch to landscape mode. (looks bad when connected to a TV) if that's possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:44 PM
    I'm looking for an app to be created for my blackberry classic. And for everyone else that has bb10.

The app - Razer Utility that is available for Android / iOS and Win 8.1

I have the Razer Nabu and I want the app for my classic. I will happily pay a dev to port this over as the Apk doesn't function that great on BB10.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Too bad they didn't offer a truly open API. I was one of a few who asked for BB10 support in development, but they stuck with Android and iOS.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    01-06-15 08:06 AM
    Yea it really sucks I tried everything to get it to work. But I have no luck with anything other than calls.
    01-06-15 10:15 AM
    Yea it really sucks I tried everything to get it to work. But I have no luck with anything other than calls.
    What OS are you using? Have you tried 10.3.1.xxxx leak?

OOPS--strike that you fool Brookie----can't you see he HAS the Classic?
    01-06-15 10:19 AM
    Its a classic with 10.3.1.754

I heard it only works for the Z10...
    01-08-15 04:14 PM
    Its a classic with 10.3.1.754

I heard it only works for the Z10...
    I'll be getting a Razer Nabu X tomorrow (or maybe tonight!). From what I've pieced together from the few threads there are on wearables and BB10, it seems the missing component is Bluetooth LE access for the Android Runtime for communicating with the wearable. I read a few reports of the FitBit Android app working once BB10 10.3.x has been installed. Since you're already on 10.3.1, it's encouraging to hear that your Nabu works somewhat. That gives me hope for the Nabu X.

I have the Z10 and Z30, both on 10.2.1, which I'll try to sync with the Nabu X. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to wait for 10.3.1.

Razer's API is only available for Android and iOS at the moment and they've said they're working on Windows Phone. I suppose a developer can tackle BB10 support by either:

1. writing an Android app that accesses BB10 hooks for notifications and sending that data to the Nabu via the Android API
    2. reverse engineering the Nabu API to be native for BB10; that is, figure out what messages need to be sent to the Nabu to cause it to vibrate, flash its LED's, change the colors of the LED's, etc. For this situation, I think having a seasoned BB10 developer would help a lot, as Razer probably doesn't have the resources to hand-hold someone through learning their code and BB10 app development. Maybe this is something BlackBerry itself can help with, i.e. port Razer's API.
    01-21-15 07:48 PM
    So...are you going to try and hack the API for BB10?
    Or just trying to load the Android app and get it working?
    01-22-15 08:11 AM
    My first goal is to get the Android apps, Nabu X Utility and Nabu Fitness, installed on the Z30 (and perhaps the Z10). I'll see if they work with 10.2.1. If not, I'll try sync'ing with an HP Touchpad that I have cyanogen mod installed on.

As for hacking the API for BB10, that will require someone more knowledgeable than myself.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 01-23-15 at 11:17 AM.
    01-22-15 06:01 PM
    Now that I have 10.3.1.1581...

Nabu X Utility 1.0.3.1 works
    Nabu Fitness 1.0.8 works (there's 1.1.3 but I don't have it)

There doesn't seem to be any communications between BB10 notifications and the Android Runtime, i.e. an incoming call doesn't generate a message that can be passed to the Android Runtime to trigger Nabu X Utility to cause the Nabu X to light up and vibrate. As of now, the Nabu X can be used as a fitness band, but not a notification band for BlackBerry 10.
    02-26-15 07:11 PM