There is currently a program out there that runs on phones that use a Microsoft Windows platform that verbally announces who your next appointment is with. It is called Microsoft Voice Command. However, NO SUCH APP IS AVAILABLE FOR BLACKBERRY.

What business person who has a Blackberry wouldn't want their phone to speak "Appointment with Joe Smith in 15 minutes"?? Or, "pick laundry up in 15 minutes" And while in your car would read text messages to you?? This can all be done with Microsoft Voice Command but Microsoft says it is NOT compatible with the Blackberry. You must have a windows operating system.

Good luck, and let us know when this app. launches. I'll be first in line to buy it.

Thanks,

Jon
    09-02-10 06:21 PM
    I was thinking the latest version of Drivesafe.ly added this.
    09-08-10 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the tip for Drivesafe.ly and yes it does announce appointments which is mainly what I needed it to do.

It's still not as good as Microsoft Voice Command which as you probably know is not compatible with Blackberry. With Voice Command on your way into work you could verbally say to your blackberry.."what are my appointments today?" and it will verbally go through them.

Then let's say you were driving to someone's house but needed to verify their address you could say.."Lookup Bob Smith" and it would pull up all his contact info. and address.

There is no Blackberry app (Vlingo, Drivesafe.ly) that does all of this and give verbal reminders of appointments. Also why do both of these have a limit on the number of words it will read in an email?

Tell me what business, or even non business person wouldn't find all of these of use???

In any event I am still holding out hope that some developer will come up with is. I will be the first in line to buy it.

Thanks again though,

Jon
    09-24-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD