Hey guys,

Whats the best method to use to create an app?

Which language or coding is more flexible?

Adobe Air?
    Webworks?

Id like to create an app, and i would like to get your ideas.

Thanks
    06-19-12 01:45 PM
    Might try posting this question over here after reading some of the other similar questions and answers if you still must ask:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/
    06-19-12 01:53 PM
    nah posting here is gd

Webworks is easiest if you know how to work with HTML.

If you are looking into more complex stuff that require more 'timely' responses Native development (Cascades/C++) would be the path you should take.

As many have mentioned, depending on your level of programming skills/knowledge you should try to attempt things one bit at a time. Dont try to make 'angry birds' on your first shot - start small
    06-19-12 07:10 PM
    nah posting here is gd

Webworks is easiest if you know how to work with HTML.

If you are looking into more complex stuff that require more 'timely' responses Native development (Cascades/C++) would be the path you should take.

As many have mentioned, depending on your level of programming skills/knowledge you should try to attempt things one bit at a time. Dont try to make 'angry birds' on your first shot - start small
    06-19-12 07:11 PM
    Actually im a programmer myself, for PHP/MySQL/and so on.

Maybe Webworks would suit me better, but I was thinking that maybe flash air or something similar can accomplish better looking applications.
    06-19-12 08:56 PM
    Adobe Air let's you create applications cross-platform (iOS, Android, Blackberry). Obviously there is a great advantage to having to code only once and have 3 apps.

Webworks lets you create HTML5 apps and make them have more native-like features, still not the same quality as native (c++).

So in my opinion, if you were at all interested in the other platforms, then go with adobe air. If you were talking exclusive for Blackberry, go with webworks.

Good luck
    06-19-12 09:16 PM
    Maybe Webworks would suit me better, but I was thinking that maybe flash air or something similar can accomplish better looking applications.
    Well, HTML5 is the (near) future for apps development. Even if you encounter some limitations now, things would go a step further from September. Given your actual skills (mine are HTML/CFM/MS SQL/"and so on" ;-)) it seems very relevant to follow this track.
    webadpro likes this.
    06-20-12 04:49 AM
    Thanks Superfly. I might just start using webworks to create my app.

Thanks a lot guys, now time to put thoughts into an app.

Hopefully i can find a couple of tutorial to get started
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-20-12 07:01 AM

Then you should try the Webworks SDK
    06-23-12 09:29 AM
    HTML5 is the way to go. Solid platform and easier programming.
    06-25-12 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD