Well, first of all I must say I'm starting this day to try this world of application development for mobile, especially for BlackBerry 10 in this case, I just had spent programming WEB and Desktop (C/ C++ and Java) . Well, my PC, not have sufficient resources to run a virtual machine emulating a device with OS BB10 therefore directly have thought to use my mobile for this task, the question is that when trying to pair it by USB gives me error, then do it for WiFi and it works, then trying to create the token in Momentics gives me another error (see attached image). Why is this happening? Also take the opportunity to ask what programming systems for BlackBaerry 10 has a learner's curve faster and is more efficient, Momentics (Native) or WebWorks (Html5)?

PS: Sorry for my BAD English, My firts language is Spanish! :S
    Attached Thumbnails A complete newbie. How to set up my z10 to test apps on it?-errormomenticstoken.jpg  
    04-05-14 10:28 PM
    Hola,

So on full disclosure (hiding from the pitchforks) I have found cascades and flash builder to be absolutely terrible with debugging on device in general. It has very poor troubleshooting built in.

With that said, I always use it over Wifi instead of USB through IP address. You can use it over USB but you absolutely must have a network connection on your laptop connected to something (anything it just needs an IP).

Anyway. Can you please press the Details button? Also, reboot your phone and make sure that Development mode is enabled.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-06-14 12:11 AM
    Hola,

So on full disclosure (hiding from the pitchforks) I have found cascades and flash builder to be absolutely terrible with debugging on device in general. It has very poor troubleshooting built in.
    Is sad read this. t.t

With that said, I always use it over Wifi instead of USB through IP address. You can use it over USB but you absolutely must have a network connection on your laptop connected to something (anything it just needs an IP).

Anyway. Can you please press the Details button? Also, reboot your phone and make sure that Development mode is enabled.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Ok. push to details button: "An internal error occurred during: "Operation".
    java.lang.NullPointerException".

Only this say it. I reboot my device and Im sure that Development Mode is Enable!
    04-06-14 12:38 AM
    Is sad read this. t.t

Ok. push to details button: "An internal error occurred during: "Operation".
    java.lang.NullPointerException".

Only this say it. I reboot my device and Im sure that Development Mode is Enable!
    OK. I can tell you what is happening just not why.

All the SDK's use a bunch of BAT files mixed with Java apps from blackberry to install.

The Java app pushes the BAR to your device over a custom local network it creates...

When that java command runs it is crashing out.

It's possible it is caused by the Java SE you have installed. A conflict with the devices in device manager. Or something else entirely.

One idea is to post on the blackberry support forums for simulators. You might get someone savvy that can help narrow it down further.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-06-14 02:44 PM
    :O its possible a java conflit. I go to review what Service or app is using java. Thx for u help.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 09:22 PM