Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing for BB10 and want to start a vendor account at BlackBerry World.

One if the questions is to fill in a company name. Now I'm developing at home as an extra, so I currently don't have a company for myself for this my BB10 creation.

Is it required to have one or can you fill in something (that is still valid ofcourse)

Hopefully someonen can help me with this, thanks!
    02-19-13 01:26 AM
    You can register as Individual - or as a business... all options are there... go for it...
    02-19-13 07:36 AM
    You can just fill in your name in that field. The closest thing to a hurdle is they want you to fax in government issued I'D.
    02-19-13 07:38 AM
    You can just fill in your name in that field. The closest thing to a hurdle is they want you to fax in government issued I'D.
    Ok clear! Do I need to fill in my full name too when I'm requesting signing keys etcetera (fill that in at the company field attribute) ?
    02-20-13 04:34 PM
    I just used my first and last names for the signing key. I believe that it's hard coded into the app whichever way you write it because the signing key is assurance that it came from you. Also keep in mind that the name of the signing key will be listed as the vendor in BlackBerry World I think. I'm not sure if you can have a different vendor name but the author name has to match the key.
    02-21-13 01:33 AM
    I just used my first and last names for the signing key. I believe that it's hard coded into the app whichever way you write it because the signing key is assurance that it came from you. Also keep in mind that the name of the signing key will be listed as the vendor in BlackBerry World I think. I'm not sure if you can have a different vendor name but the author name has to match the key.
    Just to be sure I've selected my name as company name. I did this because when I register as a vendor, I have to give my full name as a company name. So why shouldn't I do this for the keys
    02-21-13 04:01 AM
    Ok, got the signing keys, got my vendor account (approved within one day, nice!). One last question remaining: is a PayPal account required for free apps? I read somewhere you have to have an account?
    02-22-13 04:06 AM
    You need a PayPal account to get paid but I don't suppose they need to force you if all your apps are free. They do have developers in countries where PayPal doesn't operate so it fan be mandatory for them to have PayPal.
    02-22-13 04:25 AM
    You need a PayPal account to get paid but I don't suppose they need to force you if all your apps are free. They do have developers in countries where PayPal doesn't operate so it fan be mandatory for them to have PayPal.
    Just looked at the submission example video on the BlackBerry developer site, they submitted a free app there, without specifying an PayPal account. Maybe it isn't mandatory, hope not Just want to send out free apps in the world from my vendor account
    02-22-13 04:29 AM