I think I'm a little confused about debug tokens and code signing on BB10.
    When I load a signed app onto my Z10 it runs fine until I delete the debug token on the phone then the app won't start.
    Why do I need a debug token if the app is signed?
    03-02-13 02:34 PM
    Are you sure you signed the app (eg, did you get emails stating that your key was used for signing?) or was it "signed" with the debug token?

The sdk tools can be confusing. When I'm in doubt, ill just archive, package, and sign from the command line.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 03:12 PM
    I guess it must have been signed with the debug token, I didn't get an email like I do signing BB7 apps.
    How do I sign it for release without using the command line?
    03-02-13 03:18 PM
    Still having no luck.
    From the bar-descriptor.xml file, I click "Configure package signing and debug tokens".
    I then clicked "Certificate certificate" and after entering my code signing password a certificate was created.
    I then exported a release build and tried to run it but was informed there was no debug token on the phone.
    So I create a debug token and the app loads and runs fine.
    If I delete the debug token on the phone, the app will no longer run.
    This is taken from the .bar file that is created after exporting the release build.

Application-Development-Mode: false
    Application-Id: gYADgGy3CHxkByzjxrB7rOTrKcc
    Application-Version-Id: gYAEgKZfJDN5rn8zsgTxFIoda3s

I don't get an email confirming the app is signed.
    What am I doing wrong?
    03-02-13 03:49 PM
    Hmm.. lemme delete my debug token and see.

Momentics or WebWorks Ripple?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:59 PM
    WebWorks works via Ripple and PhoneGap, trying Momentics now.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 05:09 PM
    It's a Cascades app using the QNX Momentics IDE.
    I thought code signing emails were a thing of the past with BB10.
    03-02-13 05:10 PM
    Works on Momentics as well, without a debug token on my device, though, I didn't have my usb cable so I had to make the package then blackberry-deploy from the command line.

All I can suggest is, for Momentics, make sure you're exporting a device release build of the app, AND that your signing preferences lists you as Registered, and that your development certificate is selected.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 05:21 PM
    I've since filtered those emails out of my inbox, nothing like 10-50 emails for the privileged .cod files signed, and no decent device debugging of unsigned content.

Yes, those days are well behind us I hope.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 05:24 PM
    Works on Momentics as well, without a debug token on my device, though, I didn't have my usb cable so I had to make the package then blackberry-deploy from the command line.

All I can suggest is, for Momentics, make sure you're exporting a device release build of the app, AND that your signing preferences lists you as Registered, and that your development certificate is selected.

Posted via CB10
    I'm listed as registered and I'm exporting a device release build and my development certificate is selected, still no good.
    Should I be receiving an email when I sign the application because I am not?
    03-02-13 05:42 PM
    How are you getting the bar onto your device? If you "Run" the app in Momentics, that's using a 'device-debug' build which will use the token. Try changing to a 'device-release" build. That's the drop down next to run, called "Run configurations." or right click your project, go to build configurations, and set active to device-release.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 05:52 PM
    I'm using a device-release build. Won't download without a debug token installed!
    If I install the debug token the app runs fine, when I delete it the app won't run.
    Thanks for your help so far, I'll have another go tomorrow, getting late here now.
    03-02-13 06:08 PM
    Just tried side loading the .bar file and now it runs without a debug token installed on the phone.
    I thought there would be a way to do this from Cascades but I can't figure it out.
    03-03-13 02:49 PM
    I haven't used Cascades yet, so I can't help you with that part but I've released two programs so far on BlackBerry World and never got emails about signing them so I don't think it emails anymore.
    03-03-13 09:45 PM
    I haven't used Cascades yet, so I can't help you with that part but I've released two programs so far on BlackBerry World and never got emails about signing them so I don't think it emails anymore.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
    03-04-13 02:57 PM
    I figured this out with some help from the BlackBerry developers forum.
    You have to right click on the signed .bar file, select BlackBerry Tools, then click install.
    Installs it on the phone is a couple of seconds and runs without a debug token.
    JamesPtheNerd likes this.
    03-04-13 03:34 PM