Has anyone signed up to get a Certicom Signing Key yet? From their website it says that the license is free, however they ask for your company's info, etc and since all my BlackBerry development is either open source or freeware I wasn't quite sure why they would want that info since I don't really have it to give. I also tried calling their sales number but the receptionist didnt know what I was talking about and I was put on hold and had to run and do something else.

Has anyone requested their keys before? Are they free? Was it difficult to get the keys if you were not working for some company?
    04-08-10 12:36 PM
    My understanding is you only need this if your using the Certicom Crypto classes. You can still use the RIM crypto classes without the certicom key.
    04-08-10 08:20 PM
    I wouldn't use Certicom at all. I have tried to order Certicom keys and I've got a response after ... wait ... after 8 (eight) months Those guys really run business in a fashion

I didn't check the price of the keys recently, but 8 months ago Certicom required a royalty fee (i.e. 5% or 10% of any sale of your app, which uses Certicom key).

With all this said - Certicom? No, thank you.
    04-09-10 06:32 AM
    The keys are free - I got them a few months ago. They got back to me within a few days. My app is also free/open source, and so I put "N/A" for company name if I recall correctly. There is no royalty; that sounds like it may be a relatively recent change.

(Hopefully this isn't too late to do some good)
    06-10-10 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD