Finally! Finally had enough time to get our production environment completely setup on our systems!

Now, we can finally concentrate on coding cool Blackberry apps, and now easily test them - all on our Linux boxes! As you can see in the screenshot, we build in Eclipse, and can then debug on the simulator, without ever having to touch Windows in even a virtual terminal.

What you can't see is the backend stuff like our private code repository for source control (Mercurial), our use of Apache Ant for build control, and all the backend magic using a variety of commercial software to make everything possible. =)

If you are a developer, and use Linux, just wanted you to know this is entirely possible to do, and makes Blackberry development much more of a pleasure when you don't have to deal with Windows.
    10-31-08 11:21 PM
    Nice work.
    10-31-08 11:23 PM
    Looks nice. Is this environment soley for your company's use? Or is this a development environment that you will bundle with your BIS and sell?

I'm new so I'm missing some context.
    11-01-08 08:42 PM
    Alright I downloaded Eclipse and the BB plugin and now I think I understand the cause for celebration here. If you're on linux the plugin won't run in the Eclipse IDE. So much for write-once-run-anywhere promise of java. Why are RIM so lame about developing on linux?
    11-03-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD