I develop my BB10 apps on a Mac in Mometics using Cascades. There is a bug for a function I want to use in the Qt/Cascades setup that is BB10. If I read correctly you can build qt yourself and make an app using it. I assume if I was to do this the bug would be gone as it works in regular Qt apps.

Is this correct? And if so how do you build Qt in Mac? And then will I be able to use Mometics to build the app then?
    08-05-14 02:55 AM
    I'm working on getting you help here. I have several friends who program in Cascades.
    08-07-14 10:45 AM
    Yes you can build Qt using a Mac, check out Qt's wiki on the matter, may I ask what function/bug are you trying to use? If you actually found a bug you should tell BlackBerry about it.

Qt for Mac OS X | QtDoc 5.3 | Documentation | Qt Project
    pkcable and stardomains like this.
    08-08-14 02:50 PM
    Yes you can build Qt using a Mac, check out Qt's wiki on the matter, may I ask what function/bug are you trying to use? If you actually found a bug you should tell BlackBerry about it.

Qt for Mac OS X | QtDoc 5.3 | Documentation | Qt Project
    That looks like for making mac apps. I thought you could build/compile Qt for a BB10 app instead of using the one that comes with the SDK.

The bug is printing a QTextdocument to Pdf. Doesn't work.
    08-08-14 04:42 PM
    That looks like for making mac apps. I thought you could build/compile Qt for a BB10 app instead of using the one that comes with the SDK.

The bug is printing a QTextdocument to Pdf. Doesn't work.
    Sorry, the way I read it sounded like you wanted to build Qt for Mac OS, if you mean building Qt for BB10 using a Mac then I have no idea what the build proccess of Qt is, but may suggest you to use the binary overlay instead of building Qt from scratch?(I made a blog post about in case you're interested, it's easy to set up)Hello World! with Qt5
    08-15-14 10:38 PM