Greetings all! I'm in the final stages of putting my first BB10 app onto BlackBerry World. My vendor account has been active for a couple of months but I didn't add any apps to it till yesterday. My app uses the Freemium model, with the trial version being free to download and two upgrade levels available via in-app purchases. The upgrade purchases have been tested successfully in local test mode so now it's time for a live sandbox test, but I can't get it to work.

In preparation I defined my BlackBerry ID as a sandbox account and created a product listing for my app. I created three in-app purchases for the new app and recorded the BlackBerry World IDs from the app and all three in-app purchases. I updated my app code to use these IDs when attempting the purchases, and also supply the SKUs I defined for each product. The app and all the upgrade purchases are in Draft mode, I have not submitted them for approval yet.

Next I put my Z10 in developer mode, put BlackBerry World app into developer mode too, and try to download my app by the ID I copied from the dev portal, but BlackBerry World tells me the content is not found. If I try to make an upgrade purchase from my app (installed via dev environment) of any of the upgrade products defined for the app I get the same message.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:13 AM
    Are both the app and the digital goods approved? Just submitting isn't enough.Edit: reread your post. You say you haven't submitted them; that's your problem
    06-05-13 11:01 AM
    Everything I've read online suggests that it should work even in Draft mode. Why would I have to submit the app if it isn't ready for prime time yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:16 PM
    You don't have to publish it to BlackBerry World. Just get it approved.
    06-05-13 12:22 PM
    Ah, ok, I didn't understand the distinction. Thanks for your help. Blackberry really needs to document this process more clearly, but I know I'm not the only one saying that. Thank goodness for developer forums. :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:35 PM
    UPDATE: turns out my problem had nothing to do with submitting my app to BlackBerry, it was just an impatience issue. ;-)

On the advice of SCrid2000 I was going to ask BlackBerry to approve my app, but contrary to his assertion the developer portal warned me in no uncertain terms that if my app was approved it would immediately be made available for sale. On a whim I decided to try downloading my app from BlackBerry World in development mode again, and this time my app was available. However, none of the three upgrade modules were on BlackBerry World so I couldn't retrieve prices in my app or execute an upgrade.

I made some changes to my description text for the app and noticed it took about four hours for them to show up in BlackBerry World, so I waited a few hours and tried my app again. Voil, in-app upgrade purchases now worked perfectly and upgrade prices could be retrieved and displayed in my app before sending the user to BlackBerry World.

To make a long story short, when posting an app and modules to BlackBerry World be patient! You do NOT have to submit anything for approval for them to be available to your sandbox accounts, but you do need to give them some time to hit the BlackBerry World storefront. My experience over the past couple of days is that it can take up to 24 for the app and/or modules to show up, and any description or price changes you make have been taking up to four hours for me. YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:12 PM
    Awesome! Glad to hear the info I got was wrong
    06-06-13 12:30 PM