Did anyone notice the email from Bango informing that there will be a $6 charge for PayPal transactions? This is an absolute rip-off. What do you guys think? BlackBerry has gone nuts. I guess they want a fast track path to shut their business down...
    05-24-13 08:51 AM
    Istn't this a fee PayPal charges you When/If you choose to withdraw money from your PayPal account? I believe it is still more or less Free If you can wait until the first of every month to have PayPal automatically do the transfer - instead of You forcing it earlier...

I might be wrong
    05-24-13 09:34 AM
    Istn't this a fee PayPal charges you When/If you choose to withdraw money from your PayPal account? I believe it is still more or less Free If you can wait until the first of every month to have PayPal automatically do the transfer - instead of You forcing it earlier...

I might be wrong
    This is not the fee that PayPal charges...
    05-25-13 11:13 AM
    This is not the fee that PayPal charges...
    Now I got that mail too - see what you mean... 6$ for PayPal and 20$ for direct bank transfers...
    05-25-13 12:36 PM
    Did anyone notice the email from Bango informing that there will be a $6 charge for PayPal transactions? This is an absolute rip-off. What do you guys think? BlackBerry has gone nuts. I guess they want a fast track path to shut their business down...
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Direct your displeasure at Bango.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-25-13 02:07 PM
    Why are you blaming this on BlackBerry?
    05-25-13 06:14 PM
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Direct your displeasure at Bango.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you blaming this on BlackBerry?
    Because I didnt choose Bango. BlackBerry did.
    mikeo007 and Carterbits like this.
    05-27-13 12:50 PM
    Bango is peeved at bbry for starting to kill them as a financial vendor.

Will resolve itself over time.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:09 PM
    I get three different credits each month. Not sure why blackberry can't send one credit and keep it simple.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-27-13 09:09 PM
    Bango is peeved at bbry for starting to kill them as a financial vendor.

Will resolve itself over time.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry isn't ditching Bango, they're ditching Digital River.

Everyone should email [email protected] over this, and I'd love if CrackBerry made a big deal over this as well. Apps are already cheap, and Bango already takes 30%.
    Sith_Apprentice and mikeo007 like this.
    05-27-13 09:53 PM

Everyone should email [email protected] over this, and I'd love if CrackBerry made a big deal over this as well. Apps are already cheap, and Bango already takes 30%.
    True enough!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:17 PM

How does it compare to the others they provide billing for? They have deals with a lot of people like Facebook, Opera, Amazon and even Google Play.. do they charge the same fees across the board or are they only charging BlackBerry this amount?
    05-27-13 10:33 PM
    How does it compare to the others they provide billing for? They have deals with a lot of people like Facebook, Opera, Amazon and even Google Play.. do they charge the same fees across the board or are they only charging BlackBerry this amount?
    Not sure. I assumed it was everyone, but a google search is turning up nothing so I can't confirm.
    05-27-13 10:52 PM
    I am a developer on Google Play as well and I can confirm that I dont get charged anything for direct bank transfer. Hope that doesnt change...
    05-28-13 06:00 AM
    Just wondering how often they transfer the money? Can we limit such that they won't transfer unless it's > 500$, etc...?

It would be sad if you sell for 10$ and they take 6$.
    06-05-13 10:47 PM
    Good Morning. I’m Richard Leyland from Bango. We have laid out our rationale for the recent changes to our fee structure here on our Customer Service Blog.

Several people have commented on Bango’s fee from content purchases, stating that Bango takes 30% of the total fee. In fact this is a misunderstanding. The economics of operator billing vary around the world, but the general picture is that the 30% which remains after developers are paid, is split between the local operator, the app store in question and any payment or service provider that’s involved – In this case Bango.

Thanks
    Richard Leyland
    06-06-13 04:34 AM
    Oh well in *THAT* case.

As a developer I want RIM to shut down its dealing a wit Bango. Lets do this in house.

Bango support is slow and lazy. They take a lot of our line and give us little in return.

They:
    - Take 30 percent. Lets see the actual distribution then.
    - Charge 6 dollars in PayPal *starting* - that escalates. Plus PayPal fees. Because taking our 30 percent is si hard we need to pay another 6 dollars per person.
    - They withhold the cash for 60 days to make interest. That interest is not given to developers.
    - They change policies without allowing us to opt out, effectively strong arming us into doing what they want.

I, for one, will be opening a BBB complaint to Bango Inc. through bbb.org at some point today so that companies can see them for what they are. Unnecessary, over expensive, unwanted middle men - who don't care one bit about its "clients".

Make it clear how you feel about these things. Message #blackberrydev and #bangodotcom and ask them to get rid of Bango once and for all.

~ed.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:55 AM
    Wow...I didn't know they already take 30%... why another 6$ per transaction?

I think we should escalate this to Blackberry and take a look at comparable fee structure on the Android and iPhone market. For small developers, this is a huge trunk of money.
    Sriman likes this.
    06-06-13 07:30 AM
    Still, as someone said if this is not across the board then there is something wrong. Why are BB dev being targeted when iOS and Android not?
    06-06-13 07:41 AM
    Well,

What this *actually* means. Is Bango takes 22 out of 50 when they"pay" me. And that's after a 60 day delay.

I just tweeted @bangodotcom and @blackberrydev #bangofree2013

I'd much rather we used just blackberry and let them keep my 30 percent. At least they earned it.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:46 AM
    Is there a customer relation mailbox that we could send to on the Blackberry side?
    06-06-13 07:52 AM
    Not that I know of just Bango's.

I'm might look on supportfors.blackberry.com too and see. They have van forum there.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:55 AM
    They take away too much money. Oh and there's taxes.

Posted via CB10
    Sriman likes this.
    06-22-13 01:55 AM
    Bango sucks...
    Sriman likes this.
    06-28-13 08:53 PM
    They take away too much money. Oh and there's taxes.

Posted via CB10
    So true!

Posted via CB from my LE
    Sriman likes this.
    06-28-13 09:22 PM
29 12