Hello,
    if anyone of you has suggestions/requests for new programs on the blackberry OS, please post them here!
    I am glad to hear them.
    05-06-08 06:15 AM
    I'd love to have a program where I can enter my recipes and pictures. Like a searchable database. Nothing complex. Just room for a title, ingredients, and directions. Oh, and maybe an email or print function.
    05-06-08 03:56 PM
    I have been searching the web for days because I want a threaded SMS program similar to PALM or IPHONES programs. This is a request that a lot of people would like even if it meant spending some money on the application once its created to get it. Please take this one into consideration.
    06-07-08 07:06 AM
    A better internet brower because safari on the iphone wipes the floor with BB and we all know it, i have opera but still isnt good enough and somthing like photoshop
    06-07-08 07:15 PM
    I recently bought a Samsung Instinct for one (primary) reason: Visual Voicemail. I am not the only one to whom this is important. However, this very 'smart' (in many ways) phone cannot manage basic calendar functions! So, now I am trying a Blackberry Curve 8330 after 11 years of Palm Treos (& I am very excited about this move! ) But, I NEED/WANT Visual Voicemail, and I don't have the chops to write the code (or any code) myself. Please help . . .

I certainly would be willing to pay for such an application, and I'm sure many others would too!
    07-17-08 09:48 AM
    I've been asking around if anyone knew of an application to send scheduled SMS (specific text) to specific people at a specific time. TREO has this and I'm wondering why BB doesn't have such a useful application.

Oh, and this application is also available for phones running on Symbian. This would definitely be a competitive product. I certainly need it.
    Last edited by blueberryvodka; 08-28-08 at 09:59 AM.
    08-28-08 09:56 AM
    I would love a more full featured desktop manager. First, it should provide all the settings for the phone to be created in the desktop manager where I can navigate and type more quikly, then upload to the phone. Second, I'd like to assign ring tones to multiple contacts at once based on category (Outlook). For instance, one setting for "Family" category updates a ringtone for all 80 contacts with one click.

Thanks for asking for suggestions. Hope to see new features in the next version.
    09-14-08 07:10 PM
    What I'm looking for is an add-in for desktop manager that will sync all the files in the phone to some fixed place in the desktop. It sounds like an easy enough app to make that I'm looking through this forum to see if I can find some info on the add-in interface and do it myself. But if you can do it, that would be great, thanks!
    11-18-08 05:26 PM
    two applications I would really use:

1. Random ringtones -- allow the user to place 10 or 20 ringtones in a folder, then assign this folder to a caller or to a profile. Phone would pick a ringtone at random from the folder

2. Quick Notes -- the Moto Razr has Quick Notes, which are pre-written text which can be inserted into a text message. Not templates, but text like "almost there" or "I'm here" or "I love you". In the middle of a text message (SMS, not email), you say Insert Quick Note, then pick one to insert.
    11-22-08 08:41 PM
    two applications I would really use:

2. Quick Notes -- the Moto Razr has Quick Notes, which are pre-written text which can be inserted into a text message. Not templates, but text like "almost there" or "I'm here" or "I love you". In the middle of a text message (SMS, not email), you say Insert Quick Note, then pick one to insert.
    Your BB can already do this too. =)

Google "xTemplate Blackberry".

Patrick
    11-23-08 11:51 AM
    with all the people out there making all these cool themes for their berries, how about a program that would make all the icons disappear after a set amount of time? There is a program for the PC like this called Iconoid, after anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds the icons and your mouse pointer disappear and all you see is the wallpaper makes for a very nice desktop with out all the clutter.

Anybody??
    11-24-08 10:05 AM
    with all the people out there making all these cool themes for their berries, how about a program that would make all the icons disappear after a set amount of time? There is a program for the PC like this called Iconoid, after anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds the icons and your mouse pointer disappear and all you see is the wallpaper makes for a very nice desktop with out all the clutter.

Anybody??
    The Blackberry "ribbon" (main screen) is not under programmer control unfortunately.
    11-24-08 06:14 PM
    I would like a very simple application / applet, one that is an analog clock that run's backward's for my new Bold. Ive read many have done it by mistake for other things, but there is nothing like this that I can download or write in my spare time. if anyone can figure the time i would be appreciative...
    Last edited by sxbs25; 11-30-08 at 11:02 PM. Reason: type "o"
    11-30-08 11:00 PM
    The Blackberry "ribbon" (main screen) is not under programmer control unfortunately.
    It is: net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen
    12-01-08 02:41 AM
    It is: net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen
    the only _completely_ new method on that class for 4.7+ is setBackgroundImage I believe.

why don't they just backport this sort of stuff?
    12-01-08 10:12 AM
    id like to see a soulseek app for the storm...
    12-01-08 06:40 PM
    id like to see a soulseek app for the storm...
    Is soulseek a p2p app? if so I doubt data allowances in most countries are at a level where it would be practical to do that yet :/
    12-02-08 12:25 AM
    I would like the ability to crop photos, enhance color, and rotate and save photos! A nifty little image editor or something!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 12:35 AM
    I would like the ability to crop photos, enhance color, and rotate and save photos! A nifty little image editor or something!
    cropping etc wouldn't be too bad, but enhancing images is a fairly CPU intensive thing to do.
    12-02-08 03:24 AM
    Is soulseek a p2p app? if so I doubt data allowances in most countries are at a level where it would be practical to do that yet :/
    Hhhm...seemed to work fine on my iphone...

12-02-08 12:06 PM
    i would like to see a "Last Call" like app for the storm. heres the link to the wired article. iPhone App Helps You Get Sloshed Responsibly | Gadget Lab from Wired.com
    12-05-08 04:07 PM
    i would like to see a "Last Call" like app for the storm. heres the link to the wired article. iPhone App Helps You Get Sloshed Responsibly | Gadget Lab from Wired.com
    Nothing like passing off personal responsiblity to technology, it's always easier to blame then yourself or anyone else Although the directory of DUI lawyers near by was a really cute addition, I didn't think of that lol I suppose that's one use for GPS
    12-05-08 08:20 PM
    I have 2 requests 1 might be almost impossible without the help of cb but it would be cool none the less.

1. program would be a solid blogging program. Example would be something like iBlogger unfortunatly its for the iphone but it connects to just about any blog api out there and works for full editing and posting of blogs with pictures tags categorys etc etc.. If someone makes this they will sell it a bunch! just search the net for people looking for a blog program for blackberry's

2. A program similiar to the myspace/facebook app accept that it connects to this website for forum posting and commenting on blog posts..

I know you can use mobile web and such but I would like to multi task it with a seperate app dedicated just to this page ahah

what you think?
    12-05-08 11:37 PM
    The app wouldn't be hard, the bigger issue would be the database that comes with that app or what directories it links into.
    12-06-08 01:59 AM
    The app wouldn't be hard, the bigger issue would be the database that comes with that app or what directories it links into.
    Well as far as the alchohol listings in the app it is set up by type of alchohol and an adverage proof and the size of the shot, the type of beer or wine and it Haas few mixed drinks. Not a very comprehensive database by any means. I have it on my touch but would love to have it on my storm since I rarely use my ipod

12-07-08 08:21 PM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD