Hi All,

I have an app request which I think would prove useful and lucrative. One of the first things I noticed when I bought my z10 is that on this platform, our phones have become more personal and thus privacy is more important than ever.

At first, I was shocked to look all over BlackBerry world and not find 1 app that will lock other apps like Facebook and/or folders like pictures and videos. A Lot of apps have surfaced since then but offer to hide not lock and others who claim to lock but don't work consistently or as they should.

I know some users are assholes and want to burn with their comments which are either irrelevant or unfounded but the comments are pretty concerning, people losing their pics and other files, the app stops working or both.

I know we have api limitations and all but I hope this gets someone's attention in here and we get a decent app similar to ilock on BBOS(the dev doesn't have plans for BB10. I tried). I'd be willing to pay for it. I'm sure others would too.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:34 PM
    Can someone plz convert an app called ?Any Video For Whatsapp?...!! It is available in Google play and itunes app stores...!! this size limit in all messenger apps suck...!! Even if we convert the format and compress the actual file,,,quality and resolution are compromised at unacceptable levels...!!
    Plz send me a bar or apk file or a direct link download...!!
    Thanx in advance and any further help will highly oblige...!! Take care!!

Manish Mirdha @ CB10

Manish Mirdha @ CB10
    09-20-13 03:44 PM
    Dude I posted my question in my own separate thread to get attention for developers for an app. Your post belongs in another thread which is for conversion requests and you're basically trolling my post.

Please post your request elsewhere before we lose credibility and both of us leave without the answers we're looking for.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:09 PM
    Sorry Boss...Really apologize on the issue...!!

Manish Mirdha @ CB10
    09-21-13 03:03 AM
    That's not possible, we can't stop other apps from opening. But maybe a more experienced dev can come in a correct me.
    09-25-13 02:35 PM
    Hi All,

I have an app request which I think would prove useful and lucrative. One of the first things I noticed when I bought my z10 is that on this platform, our phones have become more personal and thus privacy is more important than ever.

At first, I was shocked to look all over BlackBerry world and not find 1 app that will lock other apps like Facebook and/or folders like pictures and videos. A Lot of apps have surfaced since then but offer to hide not lock and others who claim to lock but don't work consistently or as they should.

I know some users are assholes and want to burn with their comments which are either irrelevant or unfounded but the comments are pretty concerning, people losing their pics and other files, the app stops working or both.

I know we have api limitations and all but I hope this gets someone's attention in here and we get a decent app similar to ilock on BBOS(the dev doesn't have plans for BB10. I tried). I'd be willing to pay for it. I'm sure others would too.

Posted via CB10
    Can't be done. If you are worried about it, lock your phone and don't share it. Simple.
    09-25-13 02:53 PM
    Ah yes. Fakeblock. George Maharis created this.

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori likes this.
    09-25-13 03:04 PM
    That's not possible, we can't stop other apps from opening. But maybe a more experienced dev can come in a correct me.
    Well it wouldn't be a matter of keeping other apps closed rather than making sure the lock app opens when the other app does or a second before and cover the screen with a password interface.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:30 PM
    Well it wouldn't be a matter of keeping other apps closed rather than making sure the lock app opens when the other app does or a second before and cover the screen with a password interface.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds really cludgy. Just lock the whole phone.
    09-25-13 08:22 PM
    Alright guys. Thanks.

While I can always lock the phone, I wanted to be able to show people my phone without having them poke around or access my pics when turning on the camera.

Seemed to work exceptionally well in BBOS but if we can't then we can't.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:02 AM
    Alright guys. Thanks.

While I can always lock the phone, I wanted to be able to show people my phone without having them poke around or access my pics when turning on the camera.

Seemed to work exceptionally well in BBOS but if we can't then we can't.

Posted via CB10
    I show people around my phone all the time. I demo it for them. I also don't have any pictures that I wouldn't want my mom to see on it.
    09-26-13 06:49 AM
    You also can change the app permissions. BB10 will block the access to your files if you block 'access shared'

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    09-26-13 10:38 AM
    You also can change the app permissions. BB10 will block the access to your files if you block 'access shared'

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    That's for apps to not access your files as far as I know. Is it not?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:44 AM
    The only way I see it working is if Blackberry themselves were to implement the feature by:

Allowing apps to be grouped in to a folder, then password locking the single folder containing all apps within it.

Then any attempt to open folder or app within marked folder would prompt for a password:
    * Opening folder
    * Trying to open app via search
    * Trying to open app via BB world.

But then, they would suggest you pay for BES10 and make use of Blackberry Balance, and put Facebook etc in the work partition only.

If they just made Blackberry Balance for all, they would appeal to so many more people and would solve many peoples unique obstacles.

#balance4all
    09-27-13 05:01 AM
    I agree. Initially I thought that in the file manager, the folder labeled "protected_media"could do something like that since it has a lock on it. But it tells me I don't have permission to access this folder. Well who the hell does, file manager?!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:26 PM