I did an app in Jquery mobile.
    Is this Free KanaTrainer - Download KanaTrainer - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

On the playbook is blazing fast
    On Android is fast
    On iOS is fast

Unfortunately my carrier decided to don't release os 6 for my curve 9300, so I can't test on my real device (jquery on os5 = fail)

I make a .cod, run in the blackberry bold 9900 simulator, and it is painfully slow
    It is the simulator that is slow, or it is the js engine on the device that is slow?

I ask this because the simulator for curve 9300 runs at comparable speed, so I am scared to release an app with such poor performance.

Anyone can help me in betatesting this app with a real device? (any bb device with bb os 7)
    04-20-12 02:51 AM
    I'm running a 9810 in OS7 with an updated PB....can I help?
    04-20-12 02:57 AM
    post this on the other forums (99xx and torch forums) you'll get a lot more responses
    04-20-12 01:40 PM
    I did an app in Jquery mobile.
    Is this Free KanaTrainer - Download KanaTrainer - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

On the playbook is blazing fast
    On Android is fast
    On iOS is fast

Unfortunately my carrier decided to don't release os 6 for my curve 9300, so I can't test on my real device (jquery on os5 = fail)

I make a .cod, run in the blackberry bold 9900 simulator, and it is painfully slow
    It is the simulator that is slow, or it is the js engine on the device that is slow?

I ask this because the simulator for curve 9300 runs at comparable speed, so I am scared to release an app with such poor performance.

Anyone can help me in betatesting this app with a real device? (any bb device with bb os 7)
    I've got a 9810 (and playbook), let me know what I can do.
    04-20-12 01:57 PM
    thanks (sorry for my late reply)

how my app works: you press "generate" and a random gibberish japanese word appears on screen. The player has to use his japanese reading skills to insert a right answer.

can you go with the torch/bold browser to this URL and try what happens:
    KanaTrainer HTML Beta

The problems that I have with the simulator are:
    • Big lag when pressing any button
    • The enter of the keyboard is not recognized (you press enter, it should start)

qr code for easier access:

edit: on the simulator, using the browser is fast, from the app is slow.... too strange...
    Last edited by Magnetic_dud; 04-20-12 at 03:52 PM.
    04-20-12 02:54 PM
    That's been my experience as well. The phone's browser seems to always run faster than the app. It's quite the mystery.

Anyhow, for such a simple app, your page is ridiculously heavy. Have you considered <i>not</i> using jquery? From the looks of things, it's causing you more problems than it's solving (for example, the enter key problem).
    04-20-12 04:21 PM
    Well, I don't think it is ridiculously heavy

I use jquery mobile just for eye candy, but it slows just a little at the beginning.
    No useless transitions, stuff is simply written in a space, then the space is shown, then hidden again

Otherwise it would be really ugly to have just a white page with a dull textbox (what I did is taking the white page with a dull textbox as a base, then making it nicer)

Of course there is space for a lot of improvements, this is *totally* unoptimized
    04-21-12 03:29 AM
    I spent hours to optimize it
    Now it's just fake jquery (it's bbui skinned a la jquery)
    But I feel still slow in simulator...
    Can someone try it?

Free Japanese Colors HD - Download Japanese Colors HD - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    05-30-12 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD