Saw this link LayoutUpdateHandler - BlackBerry Native
    and was wondering if there are any apps that have used this? Would be nice if lost that you could send a txt with "mylocation" that would translate in to your physical location similar to getting your pin when you type "mypin". Anyone know of any apps that give you this right now?
    02-10-14 10:45 AM
    I think that's for getting the location of an element within the app, not your GPS coordinates.
    An app could be made that would let you send out your GPS coordinates, sure. Do you want one?
    02-11-14 03:12 PM
    Ideally I would like to have a shortcut similar to when you type "mypin" and get pin:##DxxxDE.

I downloaded an android app that gives my my coordinates called "Share me GPS" but it only displays and doesn't provide the shortcut that would be used in other apps such as BBM.

A use for this would be if you're in trouble and want to send out your location quickly to all Bbm or text contacts. Maybe an app would do. It could use your GPS and simply be a "help" button. You can pre configure it for who you want to broadcast to, and when in need you could launch the app and it would simply be a help button. When pressed, you predefined help msg would go out with your location.

Thoughts on the idea?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-12-14 12:49 PM
    You can't make the app generate your location using something like mypin, but an app that does everything else can be made.
    02-12-14 01:47 PM
    Well maybe you can call it the rescue app and pass the idea around to see if it would be a uses app by others. Wouldn't want you to put in the effort if there is no demand.

02-12-14 08:51 PM
    Someone's been ready our thread!?!

How to share your location in BBM

http://crackberry.com/how-share-your-location-bbm-0

02-13-14 01:44 PM
    Ideally I would like to have a shortcut similar to when you type "mypin" and get pin:##DxxxDE.

I downloaded an android app that gives my my coordinates called "Share me GPS" but it only displays and doesn't provide the shortcut that would be used in other apps such as BBM.

A use for this would be if you're in trouble and want to send out your location quickly to all Bbm or text contacts. Maybe an app would do. It could use your GPS and simply be a "help" button. You can pre configure it for who you want to broadcast to, and when in need you could launch the app and it would simply be a help button. When pressed, you predefined help msg would go out with your location.

Thoughts on the idea?

Hi Poncherelly, check out Mapshot10 in BlackBerry World. You can retrieve your location and share via email, sms, BBM, etc. The app will send a link of your location in Google maps or Bing.

Others can also send you a text and the app will respond with your location. You can have a white list of contacts who are allowed to do this too if you choose.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:03 AM