Hey guys,

I'm on my way to make a Telegram client for BB10 without any thoughts to monetize it. So, I'm spending my own spare time for this. As for now I'm stuck on different problems with cross-compiling some vital libs to QNX/BB10. Please, tell me, if there any secret recipe to do that black magic without having red eyes late in the night? Maybe, any tremendous args combination to `./configure` or smth? Or, maybe, there's a huge QNX repo somewhere on the internet with precompiled libs?..

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by arfeo; 12-07-17 at 04:53 PM.
    12-06-17 05:25 PM
    Telegram did develop an app, but ran into issues with the whole process of dealing with BlackBerry and dropped development. I thought they had posted their open source code... not sure if it's still out there anywhere.
    12-07-17 09:08 AM
    Telegram did develop an app, but ran into issues with the whole process of dealing with BlackBerry and dropped development. I thought they had posted their open source code... not sure if it's still out there anywhere.
    I don't think there's any blocking issues of making a BB10 Telegram. I've already cross-compiled three of seven libs needed. But the process takes too much time, so I would be happy if anyone could share ones knowledges with me in just cross-compiling pretty standard UNIX libs, not Telegram itself or its parts.
    12-07-17 09:29 AM
    And yes, no official BB10 client was intended to be developed, as I know. They've made an iOS client at start, and were testing it till 2014, then, in 2014 they proclaimed a developers challenge to make Android app. I'm not pretty sure somebody in Telegram could think of BB10 in 2015, the year of that beautiful OS's death...
    12-07-17 09:42 AM
    Telegram had a contest to have others make it.... https://telegram.org/blog/bb-results

One developer of TB10 even open sourced his code https://github.com/Ahamtech/TB10
    arfeo likes this.
    12-07-17 12:02 PM
    Telegram had a contest to have others make it.... https://telegram.org/blog/bb-results

One developer of TB10 even open sourced his code https://github.com/Ahamtech/TB10
    Oh! I saw TB10 in AppWorld, it doesn't work anymore. I'll see what I can take from that project. Thanks a lot!
    12-07-17 05:12 PM
    I don't think there's any blocking issues of making a BB10 Telegram. I've already cross-compiled three of seven libs needed. But the process takes too much time, so I would be happy if anyone could share ones knowledges with me in just cross-compiling pretty standard UNIX libs, not Telegram itself or its parts.
    Hi Arfeo!

I can definatelly help with any compilation issues for any librairies on bb10. I took the liberty of forking 'playbook-dev-tools' from Mordak (many thanks to him for doing this good work, and, as well, the excellent Term48). Mordak told me he had stopped developping 'playbook-dev-tools', but that he would accept patches. I'm not sure what to do about this, but maybe at some point I will change the name of the for to something like 'bb10-ports' ..

Basically, if you don't know this tool already, playbook-dev-tools allows to cross compile basic stuff and bundle it to any prefix destination on your phone. It has an excellent deployment process:

Just point your browser to the url of your compile host, and download.

Up to now, here are the new features/packages added/planned:

PACKAGES

- added: openssl, zlib, xz, jansson, libmpg123, cflow, rsync
    - updated coreutils (to fix a bug)
    - in progress: sqlite, tgfs, tg, audio libs and command line tools, alpine (the legendary mail client).

GENERAL FEATURES

- allow interruption of the tool without rebuilding eveything: DONE
    - allow building specifying a single package instead of the whole set: TBD
    - find a smart way to handle dependencies (at build or install time): TBD

Any more feature you would like to see?
    Just contact me, I'd be happy to help

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 02:07 AM
    Hi guys,

was very excited about your intensions regarding a native working Telegram client for our great BB devices!

Did you get any further? I have not seen much movement since this last email.

Thanks a lot for your effort!
    01-31-19 05:33 AM