This is a quick message to all developers who are working on an SMS app or even any message app that requires a listener to a port that is restricted to only one listener at a time i.e. the sms port..

I think I have a solution in mind that I would like to share with all you that will not only benefit yourselfs but everyone developing an app that requires listening for messages!

This is still only an idea and I am not planning to go through with this idea unless I can get the developers of such third party app developers interested in what I have to offer!

If you are interested leave a post here and I will get back to all of you as soon as possible with what I have in mind that might help!
    07-11-09 01:38 PM
    whats the idea?
    07-11-09 04:09 PM
    Basically it would be my own version of a type of service based on the phone to alert all other apps on the fone, that use the service, that a message has been recieved which will then in turn only require my service to be running to recieve message notifications. Meaning that users with multiple SMS apps can all be run simultaneously.
    07-11-09 04:42 PM
    certainly not a new idea, but i am new to rim development and was wondering why i havent seen any shared library suites out there.... for eactly this reason
    it appears empower already has one that they use internally, the empower central app, that feeds info to all the apps that need shared notification of incomming and outgoing sms messages... maybe ani could offer some support in this respect
    07-11-09 09:30 PM
    one more thought... any shared runtime libraries would of course have to be both open source, free, and specificly licensed as such.... no way anyone would pay for anything like this.... would be so much easier f rim provided a way to just cleanly hook the internal api' even if after cleanly executing thier original method for method injection
    07-11-09 09:33 PM
    I don't think I mentioned anything about charging. All my software is free. If u search the forums for GeeNeeUs you will even see that I've apparently inspired a band to release a recent album of there's for free on these forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 06:26 AM
    Im not sure if this is exactly like what you are proposing, but might be a starting ground: http://bbsmsportshare.sourceforge.net/
    07-12-09 09:48 AM
    haha ahh well guess i got beat to it!
    07-12-09 09:51 AM
    yea that would be great, i guess we can discuss here too since everythingberry.net got hacked haha
    07-12-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD