One of my coworkers and I have Vista-64 computers at work. She has a Verizon Curve, BBDM 4.5 and I have a Sprint 8830WE, BBDM 4.6. Neither one of us can run the synchronization of our BBs. DM crashes every time.

Anyone know of any work arounds, fixes, etc.? I am the ad-hoc BB IT person in my office and I don't have a clue why this is happening.

Thanks
    Danielle
    06-20-09 11:22 AM
    Look at applications that may be causing conflicts, disable all other applications running either by shutting them down or even disabling through use of MSCONFIG, then run the DTM manually and see if the issue persists. if it is does then uninstall and reinstall if it does not happen again then guess what????????
    06-20-09 11:36 AM
    check to see if there is a special 64-bit version of desktop manager on BB's website
    06-20-09 11:38 AM
    Let me save you the time, no there is not a 64bit BDM. I still say that something is causing conflict.
    06-20-09 01:32 PM
    I'm going to see if some updates my company made to the Exchange server corrected the problem on Monday.

But, could how the DM is installing (user vs administrator) be the problem?

I have Vista-32 at home and have not had any problems but I don't have Exchange either.

Thanks
    Danielle
    06-20-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD