I have installed Outlook 2010 Official Public beta and am using Windows 7Ultimate and trying to install Blackberry desktop manager I have this error:

error 1904.module C:\Program Files (x86)Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\OE Connector\OLKExpress5.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel

If I ignore the error I can complete the install but Outlook is not available as options for sync in sync options.

In reading the error this appears to be an Outlook dll...can anyone advise a workaround?

I had no problem installing it with Office 2007 but I am not really willing to go backwards at this point.

Please help if possible.

Thanks
    11-22-09 01:00 AM
    I have installed Outlook 2010 Official Public beta and am using Windows 7Ultimate and trying to install Blackberry desktop manager I have this error:

error 1904.module C:\Program Files (x86)Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\OE Connector\OLKExpress5.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel

If I ignore the error I can complete the install but Outlook is not available as options for sync in sync options.

In reading the error this appears to be an Outlook dll...can anyone advise a workaround?

I had no problem installing it with Office 2007 but I am not really willing to go backwards at this point.

Please help if possible.

Thanks
    If you have 7 ultimate, why don't you try and run it in xp mode and see if it works right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 01:27 AM
    let me save you some time, they do not mess well together at all....i have been installing and uninstalling office 2010 and office 2007 to get DM to sync.

its a complete pain in the *** right now.

What kind of email you trying to use?
    11-22-09 01:37 AM
    Thanks TGHOCKEY07 for the suggestion, I ran in XP SP2 compatiblity mode and same problem..
    11-22-09 01:38 AM
    let me save you some time, they do not mess well together at all....i have been installing and uninstalling office 2010 and office 2007 to get DM to sync.

its a complete pain in the *** right now.

What kind of email you trying to use?
    Yeah, I figured...that sucks....I am using Exchange Server....I wouldnt really need the desktop app but for some reason contact photos only sync via desktop not wireless.....

Anyone that figures this out is a god, we are all gonna run into it soon lol
    11-22-09 01:39 AM
    Thanks TGHOCKEY07 for the suggestion, I ran in XP SP2 compatiblity mode and same problem..
    How bout SP3? Lol

11-22-09 01:49 AM
    How bout SP3? Lol

I think its more an issue with office than the OS
    11-22-09 01:50 AM
    The new office does odd things. I think a DM will have to be redone sadly to fix. I am still running vista and outlook 2007 on my main desktop for the reason. windows 7 and the new office are just not working out of the box with everything yet.

**** i cant even use outlook and hotmail to sync right now. I know the problem but cant figure out the workaround.
    11-22-09 01:54 AM
    Very strange, I have win 7 64bit and also the office beta and am able to use DM without issues

11-22-09 03:13 AM
    Very strange, I have win 7 64bit and also the office beta and am able to use DM without issues

you can get it to work depending on what kind of email you use
    11-22-09 11:47 AM

Please help if possible.

Thanks
    I'm not sure why you feel the 1904 error has something to do with Outlook. I have win 7 and don't have Outlook and I still get the 1904 error. Click past the errors and look online for a forum answer (not CB) for registering the 3 dll's that failed during installation and you should be golden. I wish I could remember where I found the answer (which dll's), but my memory isn't quite that detailed.

I FOUND IT!

Go to an elevated cmd prompt and type the following:

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\
    regsvr32 gw.dll
    regsvr32 gwapi.dll

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\
    regsvr32 DesktopSetup_pb.dll

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action Engine\
    regsvr32 SyncAE_pb.dll
    Last edited by dave1812; 11-22-09 at 12:40 PM.
    11-22-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks for the detailed instructions, I followed them and successfully registered all of the .dll but still have the same problem......
    11-22-09 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the detailed instructions, I followed them and successfully registered all of the .dll but still have the same problem......

Bummer. I don't use Outlook (actually I despise all MS programs except for Win 7 and office 2003). I use Thunderbird as an email client and am happy with that. I've never gotten comfortable with any version of MS's mail clients, despite having used them for several years. I got sick of them, just as I have all versions of IE.
    11-22-09 04:30 PM
    So I got one step further, inititally, 2 days ago I download the latest version of desktop manager for the BB site, I opened BB Desktop and did the update (its not even updated from blackberrry website) and it gave me a 38 MB patch. After updating the patch, I had the option to sync with Outlook Express, which I don't even have...but still not Outlook. It also says Outlook is not my default email program which I have confirmed it is.

I see someone had a similiar problem with the last part :

Outlook 2010 default mail client
    11-22-09 06:22 PM
    Right which is basically what i have stated, outlook 2010 doesnt always create a pst file now like before. DM looks for the data files and if it doesnt find one fails. **** right now DM doesnt see outlook installed even with just outlook 2010 installed
    11-22-09 07:39 PM
    After I installed office 2010 beta / windows 7 this was 1st message I got , see above title <

then it tells me: select device application so I check off calendar, clicked next,
    then it tells me to check application I want to synchronize, I choose Microsoft Outlook, click next,then it tells me to choose how I want info to synch so I pick 2 way synch and click next, it tells me to check calendar date range so I check transfer all items and click next, it says I have successfully configured the product. I then click finish to save the settings and I get this message -

a box pops up with a connector error listed and says no available message stores

Anyone have any ideas?
    01-30-10 12:05 PM
    Wait a moment there is already a thread that has this issue. I think most of the discussion was already in this thread. By the way its beta.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/mi...anager-269932/
    01-30-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD