DM6 installed fine and looks & runs slick. Even has some nice, useful stuff on the homescreen.
    However, I will be reverting back to 5 for a few reasons.
    - The "minimize to tray" option is nowhere to be found.
    - The big reason is it wants to do "dumb" backup files without dating them, and overwriting it each time. There needs to be a way to get the "old style" AutoBackup-(2010-08-06).ipd filename syntax back.

Others have pointed out different missing abilities/components...
    "New Version, Less Capable!" anyone?

Until we meet again DM6...
    08-11-10 03:30 PM
    I agree that I initially preferred the Manager to automatically name the files with the date as 5.0 did. One thing I have found in 6.0 is that you can modify the filename and insert the date and instead of replacing file "Blackberry Bold 9650" (the default name) it will insert a new file "Blackberry Bold 9650 (2010-08-12)". Uses a few extra keystrokes but works.
    As I backup every day, I don't need to save all those files and if I only rename one every week (Friday?) I will reduce the number saved. After all, the most important backup is really the last one.
    08-12-10 05:38 PM
    One thing I have found in 6.0 is that you can modify the filename and insert the date and instead of replacing file "Blackberry Bold 9650" (the default name) it will insert a new file "Blackberry Bold 9650 (2010-08-12)". Uses a few extra keystrokes but works.
    I just "upgraded" to v6.0.0.43 and I don't seem to have the option to modify the filename - when I click the "Back up now" button, it defaults to "BlackBerry Bold 9000-1" (if .ipd & .cab files named "BlackBerry Bold 9000" already exist). Unless you're talking about changing the Device Name (in the "General" tab of "Device Options") before doing each backup, the only way I can modify the filename is by renaming it after the backup is complete.

As I backup every day, I don't need to save all those files and if I only rename one every week (Friday?) I will reduce the number saved. After all, the most important backup is really the last one.
    While the last backup may be the most important one, I back mine up once a week, but keep the backups around for reference, so I find the dated filename very useful.

I guess I'll be downgrading too.
    11-03-10 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD