Howdy,

I work for a computer recycling company as a laptop repair person so I know my way around computer. We get a lot of Blackberry 87xx donated to us. At last count at least a bankers box full. Since I just started to work on some of these I decided to see if I could use the desktop manager with them as well as the BB storm that was donated last week.
    I can not connect at all with USB. My computer sees the BB but the desktop manager will not connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

The desktop manager will not shut down when I exit. It just hangs on the screen and I must use the Task Manager to close the program. It would be nice to get some of these phone out for resale but we are stalled at this point.

We use Win xp corp, nice fast computer with lots of ram.

Thanks
    08-17-10 11:20 PM
    Howdy,

I work for a computer recycling company as a laptop repair person so I know my way around computer. We get a lot of Blackberry 87xx donated to us. At last count at least a bankers box full. Since I just started to work on some of these I decided to see if I could use the desktop manager with them as well as the BB storm that was donated last week.
    I can not connect at all with USB. My computer sees the BB but the desktop manager will not connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

The desktop manager will not shut down when I exit. It just hangs on the screen and I must use the Task Manager to close the program. It would be nice to get some of these phone out for resale but we are stalled at this point.

We use Win xp corp, nice fast computer with lots of ram.

Thanks
    I personally have this problem too running on XP sp3 also. I have posted this problem on blackberry support forum too but noone is replying or helping. I have tried uninstalling everything and reinstall DM6 and still it gave me the same problem. Please help anyone?
    08-22-10 07:37 PM
    I downgraded the desktop app and it worked like a champ

Currently running 4.7
    08-22-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD