Does anyone know if this is an option? I'm on my third Tour, and while I hoped everything would be fine with this Tour, it seems there might be an issue with the SD card.

First, it said the card had encrypted data on it, and I needed to insert it in the original device to read the data. But, all the data was on the card.

Then, it took FOREVER to open the pictures on the SD card. It gave you the placeholder icons for the pictures, but no pictures. It just sat there trying to load them, I guess.

Then, it said there was no data on the SD card at all. I pulled the SD card out and put it back in. Still could not find data.

Then, I did a battery pull, and there was all the data, again. It said it detected a media card (this time, it didn't tell me the data was encrypted), scanned the card, and there everything was.

So, now I'm a little nervous that I will lose all the data on the SD card, and I'd like to back it up. Can I do that with DM?

As a side note, when I connect my BB to my computer, my computer does not recognize the SD card, it only states that a USB Mass Storage Device is connected. My friend has a Bold, and when you connect her Bold to the computer, it shows the USB Mass Storage Device, as well as a separate entry for the SD card. Do I need to adjust a setting? For what it's worth, the computer my BB was hooked up to has Vista, the computer her BB was hooked up to has XP.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    08-01-09 09:23 PM
    i dont think it can backup that stuff, but you can always copy and paste to the computer.
    08-01-09 09:27 PM
    Here are the settings for Mass Storage Mode.
    Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.
    08-01-09 10:21 PM
    Thank you soooo much! That worked perfectly. I was trying to go through DM, and now I know that I don't have to!!

FYI, I tell EVERYONE I know about www.crackberry.com. Today, I told a guy at the Verizon store who was new to the BB world and was hoping he'd bond with his new BB soon (said it was a requirement for medical school this fall, so he wanted to start the bonding process sooner than later...lol).
    08-01-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD