i just got my storm yesterday and its already telling me there is an update in core applications is this normal?
    10-30-09 04:59 PM
    i just got my storm yesterday and its already telling me there is an update in core applications is this normal?
    Do you have a 5.0 operating system installed on your local machine? This has been an ongoing issue with the DM for some time now. The fix is to remove all OS's from your PC that you are not using right now. There is no actual update.
    10-30-09 05:14 PM
    I thought mine was doing it because I shrank my OS before installing and it was trying to load what I removed. Did you shrink yours?
    10-30-09 05:15 PM
    I thought mine was doing it because I shrank my OS before installing and it was trying to load what I removed. Did you shrink yours?
    It has nothing to do with your shrinking of the OS. It is a bug in the DM. It has been there since DM4.5
    10-30-09 05:16 PM
    I do have the OS still installed, I will remove it later and see if that stops the DM deal.

Thanks
    10-30-09 05:24 PM
    I'm having that exact same issue. When I update the core apps, or Blackberry Maps, or Blackberry Messenger, my Blackberry Messenger icon disappears. The app still shows installed, but no icon can be found anywhere, hidden or not, in any folder, or with the menu button.

If I delete BBM off the phone and reinstall, it installs fine. As soon as I tether to the DM, it wants to update the core apps, BB Maps, or BBM again. Updating causes the same issue.

I've spent a total of over seven hours with RIM working on this. It has finally been kicked up to one of their hotshot experts to review and get back to me. So far, no response.

I'm running Windows 7, and have installed DM 5.0.1, for what that's worth. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled DM-- same problem.

-J.
    10-30-09 05:41 PM
    Found that this problem started after I installed the most up to date BBM, when I was running the older version, no issues at all, then when I updated this morning to the newest and plugged in, this stupid message started popping up again.
    12-03-09 09:28 AM
    I've found saying yes to updating the core applications renders Docs2go back to the trial version, so you have to reinstall from the link sent you when you bought the software. Very frustrating (as you only get a finite number of times you can download the software).

I've found it's safer just to cancel the message when it appears.
    12-03-09 10:12 AM
    I do have the OS still installed, I will remove it later and see if that stops the DM deal.

Thanks
    Also now it is checking online, even if you remove the OS it is still going to tell you there are updates. Just cancel it and one of these years they will get it figured out. Unless you are actually changing your OS it isn't doing any real updates.
    12-03-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD