Where do I find my contacts on my PC after syncing with Desktop Manager?
    07-25-11 11:00 AM
    Desktop Manager syncs your contacts with the personal information manager on your PC. It is designed to be used with Outlook, but it can be made to work with other interfaces. I haven't used anything but Outlook, so I can't help you with the others.

Desktop Manager is not a replacement for Outlook. Desktop Manager does not store your contacts, it just syncs them to something else.
    07-25-11 11:53 AM
    I see. I know it is not syncing to outlook so where else might I look to try and find this info.?
    07-25-11 12:31 PM
    If you sync'd to something other than Outlook, your contacts are wherever that app stores them. I can't help you with that. If you did not sync them with anything, then your contacts are not on your PC. You can still make a backup of your contacts for safety, but that backup is not user editable without buying additional software. The backup file isn't intended to be used for editing or viewing contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    spbb558 likes this.
    07-25-11 12:36 PM
    I have the same problem - My BB8330 has died. I backup regularly on DM. I have outlook on my pc but I didn't set it up to sync.

Questions -

With out a live BB, Can I still sync the contacts from DM to outlook?

If not, What sotware can be used to get to the backup files in DM?

Thanks for your help!
    08-07-11 08:47 PM
    I have the same problem - My BB8330 has died. I backup regularly on DM. I have outlook on my pc but I didn't set it up to sync.

Questions -

With out a live BB, Can I still sync the contacts from DM to outlook?

If not, What sotware can be used to get to the backup files in DM?

Thanks for your help!
    BerryGrab will allow you to view your backup files and edit them to .csv files which can be imported into Outlook.
    spbb558 likes this.
    08-07-11 08:51 PM
    Thanks! I'll give it a try
    08-07-11 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD