Hi. I just got the Bold on Wednesday and haven't installed Desktop manager anywhere. I was planning on installing it at work so I could sync with Outlook and also installing it at home so I could transfer files (music, pics, vids, etc...) to it.

Is it ok to install it and hook the phone up to the computer in both locations?

Thanks.
    11-27-08 10:30 PM
    Yes, it is. Many of us do the same.
    11-27-08 11:08 PM
    Hi. I just got the Bold on Wednesday and haven't installed Desktop manager anywhere. I was planning on installing it at work(#1) so I could sync with Outlook and also installing it at home (#2)so I could transfer files (music, pics, vids, etc...) to it.

Is it ok to install it and hook the phone up to the computer in both locations?

Thanks.
    #1. Are you on a BES at work? If so then you want to "Work Offline" at home or you will screw up your BES settings (know this from personal experience upon trying to load new themes that I made at home.)
    #2. If you are not on a BES then you should be fine.
    Does the Bold have an external port for the media card? if so just get a card reader(usb) and adapter (for the micro media card) and then you can transfer anything you want to the media card without having to install DM on your home computer.
    11-28-08 12:56 AM
    I'm BIS, not BES. But a card reader isn't a bad idea either. Thanks for the responses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:49 AM
    I'm BIS, not BES. But a card reader isn't a bad idea either. Thanks for the responses.

also you can enable mass storage mode when plugging your device into the computer this will act much the same as a card reader... without having to remove the card
    11-28-08 03:04 AM
    also you can enable mass storage mode when plugging your device into the computer this will act much the same as a card reader... without having to remove the card
    How do you do that?

11-28-08 03:09 AM
    1. Options
    2. Media Card
    3. Mass Storage Mode Support ON

you also need to have Desktop Manager installed on any PC you plan on doing this on.
    11-28-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD