Hello to all i recently got a bb storm on cricket...why cricket? im a college student trying to make it in the world cricket is cheap and it suits me for the time being... i got it fully flashed and everything was working but when i tried to update it by using the desktop manager my browser disappered..ive been doing some research but yet i have not found a solution to my problem..so if anyone could help it would greatley appreciated thank you and god bless
    10-05-09 08:22 PM
    Cricket doesn't have BB service. Therefore, no service books to send you. You have a BB that is nothing more then a phone / Text device now as web and picture messaging settings cannot be obtained.
    10-05-09 08:43 PM
    You have a BB that is nothing more then a phone / Text device now as web and picture messaging settings cannot be obtained.
    Stop lying! I have an flashed Verizon Blackberry 8330 that has Web and MMS on cricKet. I just hate it when people are so full of it!

There are ways to get it working. You just have to know how to get it.

Some won't tell or will lie to you, because they don't want you to know how to get it for personal or business reasons.
    Last edited by yanike; 10-08-09 at 06:55 AM.
    10-08-09 06:35 AM
    People, if you use a BB device with a carrier that does not offer BB services, you still get a phone (obviously), SMS, MMS, and web service (only when connecting via WiFi or making use of a WAP service.. which usually is charged to the user according to the amount of data transmitted.) This is always expensive!!

You do not get the services that make BB what it really is, that is push services such as mail, and "free" Internet browsing which forms part of the BB service pack. You also do not get all the security and "extras" that are part of RIM�s server service.

So, yes, you got a phone, that really works as many other phones in the market with browsing capabilities. MMS is something that any mid range mobile phone comes with.

To really "make use" of your BB device you need to buy a data plan for BB. Not all carriers offer that.

Cheers!
    Last edited by scouts36; 10-08-09 at 09:02 AM.
    10-08-09 08:59 AM
    People, if you use a BB device with a carrier that does not offer BB services, you still get a phone (obviously), SMS, MMS, and web service (only when connecting via WiFi or making use of a WAP service.. which usually is charged to the user according to the amount of data transmitted.) This is always expensive!!

Look man, the phones are flashed to cricket. Cricket does not offer BB plans, but they DO offer web and MMS. The web and MMS work in concert together, but I am no BB genie, so I do not know how. IT DOES NOT COST EXTRA!!! I do know that my BB had Verizon based service entries, and it was on CRICKET. I do not need all of the dumb apps to work, just the internet so I can check my company emails. Since my site is setup thru godaddy, the have a mobile based email client. That is set to my home page. There are ways around the BB based email, there are other clients out there. I know someone has a file or something that you can upload probably through the desktop manager to restore those required files. If someone could contact me with a fix, I would appreciate it.

YES THEY WORK ON CRICKET, IF YOU SAY THEY DON'T, I CAN UPLOAD A DARN VIDEO TO PROVE IT.

Please someone just help.?
    10-14-09 03:32 PM
    Hey guys,

I am in need of some help. I have a BB Storm fully flashed to cricket. Everything works except receiving MMS I can talk, txt, surf web and even send MMS I just cant receive MMS. Can someone PLEASE help me? I am getting frustrated
    10-29-09 10:23 AM
    Anyone got an answer here? I need the custom service book entries or need to know how to fully copy them from one phone to another.
    11-01-09 01:01 PM
    google offers mobile apps now that will push email straight through for instant notifications!!! just download it to your phone.
    11-18-09 03:10 PM
    This is ridicules... I have searched and searched. Y wont NE1 post an answer 2 this question? The 1 thing I've noticed about this site is that not many ppl really want 2 say NEthing useful just that "Cricket sux".... Yes Cricket isn't a great service but it works 4 those who use it & the bill will always B the same.... If U don't like cricket Y don't U keep it 2 URself. If U can't post something useful, don't post NEthing at all.
    11-26-09 03:32 PM
    That being said.... My friend has a VZW 8330. Long story short, he wound up with a JVM 513 error. I reloaded the 4.5 OS & unbricked the phone but MMS & WAP R not working now where as they were B4 the JVM 513. Thus MMS & WAP do work on Cricket but not on this phone now. I've flashed many phones but this is my 1st BB. I think the only thing I need 2 do 2 get it working again is set up the browser. However I don't know how 2 do that or what exactly the settings R. QXDM I've read can B used 2 set the browser up but I can't find a copy that will work on Vista.

NEhelp would B appricated. Thank you
    11-26-09 03:50 PM
    Sorry 4 spamming but here is a cricket service book I found... I haven't tried it yet but it's supposed 2 work
    11-26-09 05:30 PM
    I also have Cricket and has always done me right. Have you tried the book you posted yet? I down loaded it but have not.
    I also have one that works to a point can send mms but not get em though. internet works fine not sure if its a setting or something have you figured it out yet?
    12-14-09 07:37 PM
    call cricket and have them refresh your act. when i had my bb flashed it would get messages but not send when they refreshed my acct it started working
    12-25-09 04:47 PM
    Stop lying! I have an flashed Verizon Blackberry 8330 that has Web and MMS on cricKet. I just hate it when people are so full of it!

Some won't tell or will lie to you, because they don't want you to know how to get it for personal or business reasons.
    Calm down there buddy. There's a lot of confusion on this topic so you are going to hear mixed answers.
    12-28-09 06:59 PM

So since you have a phone that works and you claim that there's ALWAYS a way to get it working please enlighten the OP on how to do it....
    12-29-09 09:11 PM
    Has anyone here tried Rafanbp for these service books? Is he legit, or...?
    01-18-10 09:43 PM
    Has anyone here tried Rafanbp for these service books? Is he legit, or...?
    Dude come on... The only way you will know is by trying
    01-27-10 10:45 PM
    Cricket doesn't have BB service. Therefore, no service books to send you. You have a BB that is nothing more then a phone / Text device now as web and picture messaging settings cannot be obtained.
    I am calling the BULLSH@T on this one, my girl is rockin the Plum Curve 2 from sprint on Cricket with WAP and MMS and Push mail!
    02-03-10 08:48 AM
    I accedently updated my blackberry 8330 curve thought the desktop manager and lost my icon for criket internet and my mms settings.....so i lost BOTH.....downloaded the service books from this thread and it didnt do anythng! i loaded it from destop manager using the restore method and it loaded fine but didnt help......im now going to email that Rafa.....will let you guys know if he legit
    02-04-10 03:16 AM
    I done the same thing ....lol lost all my cricket settings. so if you get yours working please let me know how you done it.
    02-07-10 10:36 AM
    I'm having problem flashing my 8330..

1) I'm using QPST
    2) I d/loaded the 1050_cricketvlod.pst?
    3) when i try to write the 1050, my phone would turn off and then it would give me an error that wouldnt allow to continue writing..

4) I accidently upgraded my bb when i installed the BB manager.. not sure if it updated my phone? will i need to reset to manufactur setting? Please advice... u can email me directly at [email protected] or reply to this thread.. thankx.
    02-08-10 07:51 PM
    I have the service books they are attached this has entries for everything including email

Paul

Make sure before you install them you go into your service book entries get the keyboard out and hit 4?2? to enable legacy sb restore then use BBDM to restore the srevice books

hope this helps
    f23angel and excoup like this.
    02-13-10 02:27 PM
    spockets2000, your cricketmail.zip service book added 11 entries into my service book, but I still don't have any mms, outbound texting, wap, etc. I see no way or place to edit my cricket WAP settings, such as password, a place to enter the proxy wap.mycricket.com, etc. I have a Sprint 8330m on v4.5.0.131 . Any advice?
    02-25-10 03:23 PM
    Um Try howard forums they have a thread specifically for Blackberry on Cricket. It does work. I know several people with BB on cricket.
    03-05-10 12:58 PM
    OK. I work at a PHONE STORE ok. and we outsource our flashing to another store. To be specific my dads friend store. One of this friends is going to teach me how to flash alot of kind of phones this week. SO Im going to upload all the instructions on how to flash a blackberry storm one to cricket.

AND FOR ANYONE WHO SAYS THE BLACKBERRY IS NOT WORTH FLASHING TO CRICKET YOUR HELLA WRONG.

I sell flashed phones all day to people and with blackberry storm ....you won't even beleive you have cricket service. THATS HOW GOOD THE WEB ITS. now i have no clue yet how to work apps on a flashed blackberry to cricket, like youtube n' such but believe me thier is a way.

So those who found a way to flash GOOD JOB. but those who did not....i will post a quick tutorial on how to do it. ANd i know people on hear going to think oh..he works at a store so he's ganna charge. NOPE. No need to because i feel that we can all give and recieve information on these forums and work with eachother to help each other out. I DONT SEE WHY PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE to eachother and dont help each other out.

Now i learned how to flash some phones on cricket..but not all. hopefully after this week when i get trained on blackberry i'll have some tutorials up for everyone.

I'm not a fan of cricket that much...but believe me...its bad *** on a storm. You wont regret it. In my opinion its the best phone that you can have cricket service on.
    joyl03 likes this.
    03-09-10 10:31 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD