Ok... So i hooked up desktop manager on my bold 9650 and went into apploader.. because somehow memopad dissappeared after I installed the Alltel .810 firmware.

So i clicked load memopad app back into my blackberry and everything else remained unchanged...

Guess what happened...

I watched as DM ripped all my themes, and apps from my BBerry Cod by Cod file deleting them...

SO i had to use BBSAK to install the Cod's again...

Why would DM do this?
    07-31-10 03:18 PM
    I'm not exactly sure but that is one of my complaints about DM. You really need to use the slider to go up and down the list and see if DM is politely suggesting it will remove or downgrade or upgrade all of the apps.

I want to know where DM keeps its cod file info/list. Because it obviously does not do a great job with apps that have been installed ota or using bbsak or some other methods.
    07-31-10 04:14 PM
    If the apps are set as Remove instead of do nothing basically, it will remove those apps.

BBsak installs use no .alx file, which is why DM doesn't recognize them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 04:35 PM
    I looked up and down the list and everything was set to take no action except memopad was set to install..

I guess

Desktop manager removed all Cod's because it doesnt know what to do with em.
    07-31-10 04:57 PM
    I've never had a problem with DM. I always check all the apps to makes sure the right apps are being removed or installed.

07-31-10 05:19 PM
    I've never had a problem with DM. I always check all the apps to makes sure the right apps are being removed or installed.

The problem I run into - is if the apps are not correctly listed, sometimes I canNOT "fix" them - it wants to either remove or downgrade. There is no third option of NONE. So DM either removes or downgrades or more likely, I terminate it since I don't want it tinkering wrongly with 8-10 apps I have installed.
    07-31-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD