What is it exactly?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:38 PM
    A webapp / application interface to manage your BlackBerry through your PC or tablet. You can basically access and control the Hub, the calendar and so on...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:47 PM
    Why would you want to do that? If you were going to manage your phone you'd just use the phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:49 PM
    Maybe coz its more comfortable using a big screen and a proper keyboard?!

Posted via CB10
    rhitdoph likes this.
    08-21-14 03:51 PM
    Well I won't be using it. Useless when you can just use your phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    An advantage to this you can use BBM through Blend

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao obviously you don't see the importance of this. Many others, like MANY others do, but it's completely up to you! That's the great part, it just lets you view/manage/send messages on your phone via the computer. This way you can work on the go, but still be able to sit down with a mouse and keyboard to interact with it like any other IM client or similarly to Outlook almost in a way.
    garrett1972 likes this.
    08-21-14 03:56 PM
    when im at home i totally dont want to use my phone for bbm, emails, hub notifications, etc. as a software engineer im mostly in front of a PC

edit: also, if it automatically connects to my laptop/desktop via wifi like link it will be SUPER HANDY. i cant wait for this
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-21-14 04:41 PM
    when im at home i totally dont want to use my phone for bbm, emails, hub notifications, etc. as a software engineer im mostly in front of a PC

edit: also, if it automatically connects to my laptop/desktop via wifi like link it will be SUPER HANDY. i cant wait for this
    I can't see any reason for it not to. Walk into your own house, but your phone down. Boom, don't need to use it anymore. But I'm not sure if apps like Snap2Chat (Or SnapChat is you're using the Android version, just an example) will work. But if they do, I want it now. Like this second

Posted via CB10
    TI_Master likes this.
    08-21-14 06:23 PM
    I can't see any reason for it not to. Walk into your own house, but your phone down. Boom, don't need to use it anymore. But I'm not sure if apps like Snap2Chat (Or SnapChat is you're using the Android version, just an example) will work. But if they do, I want it now. Like this second

Posted via CB10
    bbm has screen sharing, theres also miracast, hdmi etc so theorically they could make it work

edit: actually a week ago a windows 8.1 update added a feature to windows and it can act as a miracast receiver, so even now you should be able to remotely manage your blackberry on windows 8.1
    08-21-14 07:25 PM
    bbm has screen sharing, theres also miracast, hdmi etc so theorically they could make it work

edit: actually a week ago a windows 8.1 update added a feature to windows and it can act as a miracast receiver, so even now you should be able to remotely manage your blackberry on windows 8.1
    Oh my god. That is good news. I'm using an ancient laptop and I'm getting a new one now. It's comes preloaded with Windows 8.1 however I know it will need a couple of upgrades first. But this is great news, can't wait for blend and my new laptop!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:32 PM
    Will BlackBerry Blend maybe also work with e.g. Apple or Android Smartphones which only have BBM installed? So BlackBerry Blend could be used as an alternative to Thunderbird or Outlook, for example. And everyone's desktop system would become additionally an each specific home server for every (just) BBM User worldwide. Wouldn't that be just really cool and could become most popular!?

Good, Better, BlackBerry Z30
    08-23-14 05:01 PM
    Will BlackBerry Blend maybe also work with e.g. Apple or Android Smartphones which only have BBM installed? So BlackBerry Blend could be used as an alternative to Thunderbird or Outlook, for example. And everyone's desktop system would become additionally an each specific home server for every (just) BBM User worldwide. Wouldn't that be just really cool and could become most popular!?

Good, Better, BlackBerry Z30
    Android has AirDroid which does the same thing (and more by the looks of it) Apple probably has one so I doubt it. Most likely BlackBerry only

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 06:15 PM
    Situation 1

Let us say, you're a guy who works stuffs on a pc...

and you are too busy or you are anticipating things that are going on in your work and a message came out from your clients or boss and you heard the tone...

Would you rather pick your phone and/or grab it from your pocket to check it out, or just alt tab within your pc?

Situation 2

You are playing games with your friends online on a pc and your psycho-girlfriend texted you.

You would just probably ignore the message if you're brave enough. Lol

Hehehe
    08-24-14 02:43 AM
    the only disadvantage of blend is that i dont think we will see a desktop version of bbm for a long time... if there was a desktop version bbm could get HUGE.
    08-24-14 06:38 AM
    the only disadvantage of blend is that i dont think we will see a desktop version of bbm for a long time... if there was a desktop version bbm could get HUGE.
    Anyone in their right mind would understand that BBM on the desktop would be an awful idea. BBM as an extension of the phone is an amazing idea because it allows the extension of all of BBM's extensions

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    08-24-14 08:45 AM
    Bbm on desktop is a bad idea. The security of Bbm on pc can be comprised.

Hehehe
    08-24-14 08:12 PM
    If you want BBM on the desktop, you can.

Just find a program that runs .apks and run BBM.

Expect security issues, and have fun waiting

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 08-24-14 at 08:34 PM.
    08-24-14 08:18 PM
    Saying that there shouldn't be desktop bbm because it could be compromised is a perfect example of security through obscurity. Android and ios are pretty vulnerable too. Also, why in the hell would it be compromised through pc? Keyloggers exist for ios and android too. Skype and viber are the only true cross platform clients and both suck. Bbm could fill that gap

If you want to live in the past and use multiple clients that's up to you, but the market has spoken and bbm is nowhere now. Any phone can be compromised if the user is a fool. Your phones could have silently sideloaded apps just because you connected them to a pc, sachesi can do it too without extra permissions, a virus could do that too.

Edit: how comes bbm through blend is not a security issue for you then? It's not any different. Making it possible for android/ios/wp users to use bbm on their desktop even if it's through a program like blend is just a step forward
    08-24-14 08:24 PM
    I read a lot of comments about Blend replacing Link, but if anything to me Blend sounds more like Bridge, except with a pc rather than our PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:04 PM
    I read a lot of comments about Blend replacing Link, but if anything to me Blend sounds more like Bridge, except with a pc rather than our PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Blend is NOT replacing Link

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:07 PM
    If you want BBM on the desktop, you can.

Just find a program that runs .apks and run BBM.

Expect security issues, and have fun waiting

Posted via CB10
    I think there's a Windows app called BlueStacks that can run apk files. Haven't used to confirm but people have said BBM works on it.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK and heppyX like this.
    08-24-14 09:08 PM
    I think there's a Windows app called BlueStacks that can run apk files. Haven't used to confirm but people have said BBM works on it.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm it works

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:39 PM
    BBM desktop support can be only reason to use BBM in 2014 when you have great alternatives for only mobile IM. I can see BBM pushing Skype if BBRY manages to make BBM good enough.
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    08-25-14 01:01 AM
    BBM desktop support can be only reason to use BBM in 2014 when you have great alternatives for only mobile IM. I can see BBM pushing Skype if BBRY manages to make BBM good enough.
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    +1, i can see skype being extinct in a few months if bbm would become true crossplatform, i dont know a single person who isnt fed up with skype already
    chalx likes this.
    08-25-14 08:18 AM
27 12