Goodness sakes there is so much going on about DM 7 I have lost track with all these threads. What is the bottom line. I mean is there a way to tell if DM 7 did what it was suppose to do as far as a backup? I hate to need it and it not be there. Not really into all this syncing and stuff. I sync for contacts and calendars to gmail and maintain those there but I wouldn't mind doing a 1 way sync from my BB phone to the DM just to have a secondary backup. Anyway can one backup their contacts using 1 way sync with a earlier version DM or what. I mean I really am confused as heck with all this.
    02-20-12 10:11 AM
    I hear ya. There are a lot of DM7 threads.....

If you open DM, select backup and see where the folder is pointing (I don't know the default folder, I changed mine).

Navigate to that place. You should be able to see a loaderbackup.ipd file with the date that you did the back up. That's how you'll know if it worked or not.

Actually, while it's doing the backup, it should tell you where it's putting the file. under the progress bar, it says "backing up file to XXX".

As far as the "can one backup their contacts using 1 way sync with a earlier version DM" question - are you talking about backing up ONLY the contacts? For me, on 6.1, when i hit back up, it does the entire device (not a bad thing).

Note that you cannot use 2 versions of DM at the same time. If you want to use an earlier version, you'll need to uninstall 7 first. I suggest a reboot in between uninstalling 7 and installing 6.
    02-20-12 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD