02-24-10 05:17 AM
62 123
tools
    I had the same error come up on my computer about the BB Desktop Manager has stopped working. I followed the instructions listed by those who said to do the following:

To properly synchronize the Calendar with Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:

1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.
    2. Right-click the Intellisync folder and click Delete.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click Synchronize and click Synchronize now.

Now, mine is working fine.
    08-27-09 10:53 AM
    I tried this and deleted the intellisync folder and it still does the same thing
    09-03-09 10:20 AM
    My desktop manager is frozen and I can't access the folders. It is all grayed out. HELP!!!
    09-04-09 12:11 PM
    Its almost ALWAYS the calender to cause the blackberry to crash. "Two-way" syncing the calender seems to cause this. This is how I fix my BB 8800 / AT&T:

1.) Connect the blackberry using USB Connector
    2.) Select "back-up and restore"
    3.) Select "advanced"
    4.) Look at the list of information showing in the "device memory" window on your computer
    4.) Select "calender all" and DELETE it
    5.) Go back to the main screen and syncronize.
    6.) Everything should work fine!

ONLY LOSS?? Any new calender info you enterned since you last sync'd.
    So if I am reading this correctly, doing this will delete all calendar information from my phone? Kind of defeats the purpose of syncing if I need all of the data on my phone synced with Outlook and not the other way around. Am I missing something?
    09-16-09 10:31 PM
    i can't get media manager to work in in DM. It crashes every time. any advice? I tried looking but not finding anything yet...
    09-19-09 09:30 PM
    I had the same problem and the post by helosarrick fixed my problem too. (BTW, I am running Vista Home along with Outlook 2007 to a BB 8830)

-I went to Backup & Restore>Advanced
    -With device attached, the "Device databases" window should be populated
    -Scroll down to Calendar (Not Calendar-All) and select it>Select "Clear"
    -Once it clears out all the Calendar items, re-sync your BB.

Thanks for posting.
    Lorne
    That was my solution as well. However, just for those that do not know, when "clearing the calendar", it will remove all your appointments from your Blackberry so you need to reconfigure your synch to transfer from Outlook to Device. Other than that everything worked great. Thanks Lorne.
    09-29-09 07:32 AM
    folks,

the best solution to this problem is to buy the new iPhone. i have (had) a bb 8820, bb dm 5, bb o/s 4.5.x, and vista ultimate w/ outlook 2007. and, i'm no stranger to fixing software issues. none of the stuff listed anywhere here every led to a permanent fix to my calendar sync issues.

the bb 8820 was a good device. but RIM, Microsoft and AT&T's collective carelessness and inaction in the interests of consumer customers (i.e. non-corporate types) is egregious.

my new iPhone 3Gs is everything promised and more. AND, it syncs just fine. i'm really happy i changed and recommend that you do too if only on the principle that we should not go on rewarding the evil troika endlessly w/o at least some peace and satisfaction of our own.

cheers,
    Mike
    ps - if you want to buy my 8820, let me know. it's 18 months old in good shape with a 8gig media card.
    09-30-09 01:47 AM
    [QUOTE=mmetts;3709249]
    i'm really happy i changed and recommend that you do too if only on the principle that we should not go on rewarding the evil troika endlessly w/o at least some peace and satisfaction of our own.
    QUOTE]

Just on that note I could preach the advantages of using Linux over M$, but to each his own.
    09-30-09 11:06 AM
    I have a user with the Desktop Manager stopped working problem and I tried ALL of the suggestions and nothing worked. Then I found this on the RIM site;

Doc ID : KB17701

It has solved the crashing of DM. It may not be a prefect solution but ...
    10-07-09 01:01 PM
    A few weeks ago, my calendar wouldn't sync and found out it was looking for calendar data in my Facebook for Blackberry application (even though the configuration said to take calendar data from Outlook 2003)....once I deleted FB from my BB, the sync worked...okay, that's a possible solution for those of you out there having issues.

Now, I go to sync the BB again, and my address book will not sync...it reads and processes about 1/2 of my data and then stops and won't complete a total sync. Any suggestions?

I've been syncing my BB 8830 for months now with no problems, and now all of a sudden, a problem EVERY TIME I sync!
    10-12-09 04:31 PM
    Change your Desktop Manager so it would NOT sync Calendar items. Test again. If worx you will know that the problem is in your calendar. (if not it might be something else like address book ...) Happened to me many times!

Take a look in your calendar and see if you can find the corrupt item. Delete strange caracters or open and re-save a few recent items that you worked on lately. Hope this will get you up and running! (this happened to me in DM 5.0.0.11 as well)
    10-15-09 12:34 PM
    02-24-10 05:17 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD