02-24-10 04:17 AM
62 123
tools
    I had the same problem and the post by helosarrick fixed my problem too. (BTW, I am running Vista Home along with Outlook 2007 to a BB 8830)

-I went to Backup & Restore>Advanced
    -With device attached, the "Device databases" window should be populated
    -Scroll down to Calendar (Not Calendar-All) and select it>Select "Clear"
    -Once it clears out all the Calendar items, re-sync your BB.

Thanks for posting.
    Lorne
    11-28-08 09:49 AM
    Has anyone found a successful resolution to the above error message when trying to sync your Blackberry. I've tried every recommendation and have had no luck, for a long period of time anyway! It worked for a few days and then went back to the same error message. Blackberry desktop manager has stopped working.... a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    Very frustrating!
    12-16-08 12:00 PM
    HELP !!!!!

I cannot find the intellicync folder. I cannot find the Appdata folder. I just have:
    C/User/Programfiles/Research in Motion/Blackeberry

the rest is files

Please help before I break my phone
    Same problem - using the curve - I appreciate you mentioning the pathway for Vista Users. You saved the day - much appreciated. Deleting the Intellisynch folder corrected the problem. Thanks again to all of the suggestion in the forum - especially thanks to Wiahawa guru.
    Michael - Montreal
    12-16-08 02:53 PM
    deleting that folder does nothing to help me sync
    12-17-08 08:39 PM
    In version 4.7, when you re-establish your sync settings (after deleting the Intellisync folder) it re-creates the Intellisync folder and then bombs out. Now what???
    01-12-09 10:39 AM
    folks,

i've been reading these posts (here and elsewhere) with interest. i have an 8820; vista sp1; outlook 2007; running bb dm 4.7 and i can't get my calendar to sync via USB or bluetooth.

like others, my failure occurs during calendar sync and not elsewhere. i have tried the intellisync folder delete and a few uninstall/reinstalls + greatly reducing the number of entries in my calendar to the hope of inadvertently deleting the offending entries.

on that last point, i just noticed that dm will at least read all 500 or so entries in Outlook, then it fails. previously, it failed during the Outlook read.

at any rate, i should would appreciate any additional thoughts people have on this. it's deeply annoying. i just switched from XP runing dm 4.2 and Outlook 2003 and i never had any problems even resembling these.

thanks,
    Mike
    01-18-09 03:51 PM
    I have a BB Storm and am having the same problem with my DM. I have tried all the above suggestions and nothing works. Any more suggestions?
    01-28-09 12:01 PM
    hi! i've certaining heard nothing new here or elsewhere. would still like to fix this problem.
    01-29-09 07:13 AM
    Hopefully the fact, that I TOO, am having the same issue will help this get solved.

I have elevated the user permissions, removed both the roaming & specific user intellisync folders ( just to be sure all is gone!)... stil the same problem.

I only got it working a few days ago, by ignoring my cell phone changes (so a one-way sync). But I just added 2 entries on my cell phone, and sure would be nice if I did not have to re-enter them in Outlook!
    02-04-09 08:54 PM
    I found this on another site and it worked!

I went into Desktop Manager in Backup and Restore | Advanced. In the device database window I scrolled to Calendar All and highlighted that entry and then pressed Clear. This removed the database related to the Calendar on the device only. I then did a new synchronization and the calendar entries were re-entered from Outlook with no problem
    03-02-09 08:12 PM
    It looks like there are a number of things that help fix the DM crashing when synching calendar with Outlook. Deleting the Intellisync folder did not work for me. The latest one I have come across that works is this (BTW - I am running Vista Home along with Outlook 2007 to a BB Curve):

-Upgraded from DM 4.3 to 4.6
    -When it crashed (after a few days of working well) i went to Backup & Restore>Advanced
    -With device attached, the "Device databases" window should be populated
    -Scroll down to Calendar (Not Calendar-All) and select it>Select "Clear"
    -Once it clears out all the Calendar items, re-sync your BB.

This has worked for me the last 2 times the DM has decided to crash. It's a bit of a nuissance that the DM decides to crash for no apparent reason, but at least this is a quick and easy reset that repopulates your BB calendar and eliminates the crash state.

Hope this helps!

Rick
    YES!!! Worked for me, on 8320, Vista Home Premium, Outlook 2007, Manager 4.7 .
    04-08-09 03:43 PM
    Or you have a corrupt calendar entry?

That is what happend to me.

Its almost ALWAYS the calender to cause the blackberry to crash. "Two-way" syncing the calender seems to cause this. This is how I fix my BB 8800 / AT&T:

1.) Connect the blackberry using USB Connector
    2.) Select "back-up and restore"
    3.) Select "advanced"
    4.) Look at the list of information showing in the "device memory" window on your computer
    4.) Select "calender all" and DELETE it
    5.) Go back to the main screen and syncronize.
    6.) Everything should work fine!

ONLY LOSS?? Any new calender info you enterned since you last sync'd.
    05-08-09 01:25 PM
    Its a very good idea to back-up your BB once a month. I have a recurring appointment (once-a-month) to back up my blackberry data.
    05-08-09 01:30 PM
    Have a Curve and a Pearl in the household. Share a calendar on two different Vista Home PC's running Outllook 2007. We share the calendar by sending each other invitations to upcoming meetings/calendar items. There are some recurring appointments that we thought were causing the issues, but they have been removed and the sync "usually" works fine. about once per month, the syncing crashes and we have to wipe the BB calendars on both the Pearl and the Curve.

Have updated the BB device firmware & DM (now at 4.6), but this DM crash occurs at least monthly and this is supposed a business-level professional grade application. I need to be able to rely on the entries that I make in BB calendar as well as the entries I make in the Outlook Calendar!

We should not have to do a monthly wipe of the BB calendar to "fix" this situation. I think we all deserve a permanent fix from RIM.

I will upgrade the DM to V4.7, but I expect that this will not permanently resolve the situation. I have several hundred calendar entries that reside on my BB at any given time, so re-entering is not a solution.

Does anyone know of any particular Outlook calendar entry methods that cause this corruption? I can change the way I enter Outlook entries, but I would need to know what is making it crash.
    Last edited by klugey1; 06-02-09 at 05:29 PM. Reason: updated information
    06-02-09 05:24 PM
    First of all, thanks all for all these useful posts!

But, nothing has worked for me. Deleting Intellisync, Scanpst on Outlook, Downgrading to 4.6 from 4.7, nothing works.

One thing I was unable to try was the Backup/Restore process. I see a ADVANCED RESTORE link on the RESTORE FUNCTION, but nothing that lists Calendars.... Not sure what I am missing. I have Outlook 2007, Vista Home, BB Bold, DM 4.6...

This problem is driving me wacky!
    06-08-09 11:41 PM
    folks,

i've had it with this crap. i'm ordering a new iPhone. i'll take my chances that it won't be a buggy pain in the neck. i like my 8820, but this nexus of Vista, Outlook 2007 and BB DM is a mess. i hold RIM responsible for not fixing their crappy software. Microsoft may have put the bullets in the gun, but RIM appears to enjoy holding it to their heads and pulling the trigger.

cheers & good luck,
    Mike
    06-10-09 01:09 AM
    I've sent this Crackberry link on to the folks at RIM so that they can see the mounting frustration and potential loss of customer base. Crackberry seems to be one of the best technical Blackberry user forums available on the web, so hopefully they will pay attention to the 30 or so disgruntled posts on this thread.
    06-10-09 05:13 PM
    First of all, thanks all for all these useful posts!

But, nothing has worked for me. Deleting Intellisync, Scanpst on Outlook, Downgrading to 4.6 from 4.7, nothing works.

One thing I was unable to try was the Backup/Restore process. I see a ADVANCED RESTORE link on the RESTORE FUNCTION, but nothing that lists Calendars.... Not sure what I am missing. I have Outlook 2007, Vista Home, BB Bold, DM 4.6...

This problem is driving me wacky!
    RacerChris,
    Did you also try the instructions listed by SWAINE on this page? I have used this method to essentially wipe all the calendar entries as the very first step.

Next, disconnect the BBerry.

Next delete the Intellisync.

Close DM

Restart DM

connect BBerry

Since you deleted the Intellisync, you have to set up the syncing with Outlook again. Set this up for one way (Outlook to Device) and have Outlook overwrite and replace all the Data. Try 180 days in the past to "0" days in the Future and make sure you remove all past alarms/notices.

Don't set up the sync with Contacts or Tasks yet (it wastes time for now).

sync your phone and cross your fingers.

It should work, b/c the problems don't occur until you do 2 way syncing.

Once it syncs successfully, we need to change the Outlook sync back to 2 way, and this time only TRANSFER FUTURE ITEMS, and check the Remove alarm for past items.

(Don't sync with Contacts, Memos and Tasks yet)

Now sync one more time, and it should come back with some changes to your Outlook Calendar and the Phone's calendar. Just accept them and keep going.

Did it work? (This is the million dollar question).

If it does, you probably got rid of the corrupted Outlook entry in that last sync.

Now sync one more time just to make sure that it doesn't try to make any new changes to the Outlook or Phone calendar.

If it works, go ahead and set up 2 way syncing with Contacts. I don't personally sync the Tasks or Memos (I have enough syncing problems), but my wife syncs the Tasks with no problems.

This should clear up your syncing problems for the next month or so. Then you can do it all over again when you have a corrupt calendar entry.
    06-10-09 05:34 PM
    "corrupted Outlook calendar entry" -- that's a laugh. just how corrupted does it need to be for the collective failure of RIM and Intellisync to swell to a breaking point? pathetic! not that i have any great love for Microsoft products but just how "crazy" does Outlook have to get for BB DM to just crash unceremoniously? i'll bet not much. i wonder how well iTunes and it's syc'ing software will work? do you suppose that that such "corruption" will break their stride? maybe they'll, just crash and never get a fix?

this, folks, is what it's like to be on the "lunatic fringe" of those who what the stuff they paid for to actually work in a manner intended. it's not like i want to find alien life on a distance and planet or perform Monte Carlo simulations on my phone. i just want the bloody calendar to sync.

well, i don't know about you but i feel better. i'm buying my iPhone on 7/3/09 since that's the first date on which the other member of the cabal (AT&T) will allow me to replace my phone. i TOTALLY encourage all of you to do the same and put your BB on eBay for, like, $1. cheers!
    06-10-09 11:42 PM
    I'm having the same problem but can't find the Intellisync folder. I get to Computer/C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/Blackberry but no sign of it! does it have a different name when running Vista? Help
    06-15-09 04:07 PM
    What Swaine wrote below worked for me. The only clarification is you need to "Clear" the device entry for Calendar - All. Deleting relates to the backup file. Thanks for posting Swaine (and all others who posted).

mecdatlanta

Its almost ALWAYS the calender to cause the blackberry to crash. "Two-way" syncing the calender seems to cause this. This is how I fix my BB 8800 / AT&T:

1.) Connect the blackberry using USB Connector
    2.) Select "back-up and restore"
    3.) Select "advanced"
    4.) Look at the list of information showing in the "device memory" window on your computer
    4.) Select "calender all" and DELETE it
    5.) Go back to the main screen and syncronize.
    6.) Everything should work fine!

ONLY LOSS?? Any new calender info you enterned since you last sync'd.
    06-17-09 09:37 PM
    Has anyone tried the new DM v5.0 to see if it corrects this issue? I'm having the same problem with DM v4.7.
    07-20-09 10:42 AM
    Thank you ORLE8050. This is not the first time your post has saved my blackberry from being smashed to bits from fits of rage!
    07-24-09 11:13 AM
    Has anyone tried the new DM v5.0 to see if it corrects this issue? I'm having the same problem with DM v4.7.
    I am using 5.0 and I have the same problem syncing my calendar to my Tour with Vista and Outlook 2007. I was able to sync fine for a week and then I started getting various different errors and crashes. I sync fine with my work pc which is running Outlook 2007 and win xp. I'd lean towards something in Vista that is causing this.

I deleted my intellisync folder and am currently waiting for my device to resync. It's taking painful amount of time to complete.
    08-03-09 05:59 PM
    While I don't have crashes with DM and syncing, I have some wierd stuff going on. I have many recurring meetings in Outlook that seem to go back and forth between device and desktop, regardless of if there has been a change. One time, it's outlook saying it's been changed, next time its the device saying it's been change, when in fact, it's been 5 seconds between syncs and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Any thoughts on this one?

UPDATE: My "looping" updates between Outlook to Device, Device to Outlook, was only happening on certain meetings, and it was always the "attendee" name that was changing. Well, being the curious type that I am, I started looking at each attendee very closely. What I discovered was that there were very minor differences between the name as created in my contacts file (by me) and the name on our Outlook server calendar (as created by our IT department). For instance, Joe Smith (casual by me), vs. Joseph Smith (IT); Susie Q-Time vs. Susie Q Time (no dash); also Lefevre vs. LeFevre.

This minor differences was causing my recurring meetings with these sample attendees to go back and forth continually changing the attendee list. Once I went into Outlook Contacts and made the spelling and hyphenation EXACTLY as it is in our corporation naming convention, my looping STOPPED!

I hadn't seen this problem elsewhere on the forums (and believe me, I looked) so maybe this will help someone else some day.
    Last edited by JLDCFO; 08-06-09 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Update!
    08-05-09 06:22 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD