I am using the Blackberry 8830 world edition with verizon. I've been successfully synchronizing with mircrosoft outlook (12.0.6212.1000 (SP1MSO (12.0.6213.1000) on a Toshiba Qosmio laptop running vista home premium (version 6.0) since September, 2007.

About a week or two ago, I started to get an error message during the synchronization process. The error message appears while the unit is synchronizing the calendar entries from outlook and the message states "Blackberry desktop manager has stopped working.... a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This is DRIVING me CRAZY.....I've nearly thrown the phone out the window..... the whole reason I bought the phone was to be able to synch the calendar/contacts.

Any idea on why this is happening? I have not installed any new software or made any changes.

Thanks,
    Lisa
    01-19-08 10:14 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling the DM and reinstalling it.
    01-19-08 10:20 PM
    Or you have a corrupt calendar entry?

That is what happend to me.
    01-19-08 10:23 PM
    Ensure you have the newest Blackberry Desktop Software downloaded from the Blackberry website. As well, I would ensure you have the newest Firmware update for the device. Both have been updated since launch a couple times. Go to WWW . VZAM . NET / BLACKBERRY. Sorry, havent posted 10 or more times, so I was not allowed to actually use a URL. Good Luck.
    01-19-08 11:16 PM
    At least you got DM to work. Still pounding my fists. Won't connect to the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 12:28 PM
    Thanks Everyone. ORLE8050 nailed it....
    I just deleted all the calendar entries and re-entered them and then the synchronization worked. Must have been a corrupt entry.
    01-20-08 02:47 PM
    This is BS! I'm now having the same problem. I had everything working fine on my old computer. I got a new computer a couple weeks ago and I had it working fine for a week or so and now I get that stupid message!

My Desktop Manager version is 4.3.0.15

My Pearl is v4.3.0.65

And btw, updating your software doesn't appear to be that simple. What ever happened to "automatically check for updates"? Are we going back in time here?

Anyways the suggestion of deleting all of my calendar entries will not work for me as I have hundreds in here for both work and personal. Is there any other way to get around this?
    01-21-08 07:15 PM
    My BB 8830 WE and Outlook 2007 sync'd fine for 2 months. Last week the Desktop Mgr. started crashing at the calendar.

It reads all 655 records on the BB fine, then crashes as soon as it starts to query Outlook. It doesn't start to read records, it just crashes. Only the calendar has issues, everything else syncs fine.

I have removed all calendar records from the BB and Outlook. Both are now blank. I've uninstalled and reinstall the Desktop software, and run a repair on Outlook. Still no luck. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by brewkatz; 02-06-08 at 08:43 AM.
    02-06-08 08:36 AM
    I had the same issue, I found an issue on the RIM support site:

The Intellisync� configuration folder has corrupt entries and must be removed.

Resolution

To properly synchronize the Calendar with Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:

1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.
    2. Right-click the Intellisync folder and click Delete.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click Synchronize and click Synchronize now.

This worked for me. RIM Doc ID: KB11575 (not able to post a URL yet)
    --- Mtn
    02-11-08 08:22 PM
    I had the following error when trying to sync to Outlook:

Access to the current record is denied.
    Validate your permission to access the record.

This started when I upgraded to DM 4.3. Deleting the Intellisync folder as suggested above solved this issue too.

Thanks!
    02-12-08 08:11 AM
    I had a question about the desktop manager.... When you are initially setting up the Blackberry, is it possible to get email and internet up and running before setting up the DM? I'm just curious, because I'm setting my DM up at work, and I don't know if I want to wait until I'm at work before I start playing with it.

Thanks!
    02-14-08 09:01 PM
    Yes. There is a Wizard on the phone to help you set up email. You will need to know your email address and PASSWORD. To tweak some stuff like "send from Blackberry" you need a desktop browser.

The browser can also JUST be used.

The DeskManager is really for syncing stuff like contacts and calendar, etc. Or moving mp3 files (you can do that with Explorer)
    02-14-08 09:53 PM
    Deleting the intellisync folder worked for me.

However on my computer running Vista Home Premium the intellisync folder is here:

C:/Users/<user name>/AppData/Roaming/Research in Motion/Blackberry

Hope that helps.
    04-14-08 09:11 AM
    I had been hitting my head against the wall about this, and deleting the Intellisync folder solved it. THANK YOU!!

- bbkarina

Resolution

To properly synchronize the Calendar with Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:

1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.

--- Mtn
    08-18-08 03:07 PM
    Good ole winblows!!!!!!!
    08-18-08 05:05 PM
    I was having the exact same problem. Downgrading from 4.3 to 4.2.2 solved it.

I am using the Blackberry 8830 world edition with verizon. I've been successfully synchronizing with mircrosoft outlook (12.0.6212.1000 (SP1MSO (12.0.6213.1000) on a Toshiba Qosmio laptop running vista home premium (version 6.0) since September, 2007.

About a week or two ago, I started to get an error message during the synchronization process. The error message appears while the unit is synchronizing the calendar entries from outlook and the message states "Blackberry desktop manager has stopped working.... a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This is DRIVING me CRAZY.....I've nearly thrown the phone out the window..... the whole reason I bought the phone was to be able to synch the calendar/contacts.

Any idea on why this is happening? I have not installed any new software or made any changes.

Thanks,
    Lisa
    08-23-08 09:37 PM
    I have tried to delete the file. (im using vista) many times and the calendar sync wont work. i have 300 entrys in the calendar. any other help.
    thanks
    escheer
    08-29-08 12:51 PM

Resolution

--- Mtn
    I originally posted this thread. and this problem happened to me again. This procedure worked for me except that I am on Vista Business and it took a bit of doing to locate this file because the file structure in vista has changed. Thus, for those on Vista the file path is:
    C:\users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync
    08-30-08 12:25 PM

However on my computer running Vista Home Premium the intellisync folder is here:

Hope that helps.
    HELP !!!!!

I cannot find the intellicync folder. I cannot find the Appdata folder. I just have:
    C/User/Programfiles/Research in Motion/Blackeberry

the rest is files

Please help before I break my phone
    09-20-08 09:04 PM

Hope that helps.
    HELP !!!!!

I cannot find the intellicync folder. I cannot find the Appdata folder. I just have:
    C/User/Programfiles/Research in Motion/Blackeberry

the rest is files

Please help before I break my phone
    09-20-08 10:01 PM
    To view the Intellisync files on Vista, you have to first turn on view hidden files. Go to Control Panel (Classic View), then Folder Options, then click View tab and click radio button to Show Hidden Files and Folders. Now the AppData folder should show up under the Users/Your Name folder.

I deleted the Intellisync folder and was able to successfully sync once. But now I get the same device manager stopped working error again, even after deleting the Intellisync folder. So frustrating! I just got my Blackberry 2 weeks ago and am starting to regret not just switching to AT&T and getting an iPhone.
    09-22-08 09:39 PM
    Seems many of us are having this same issue with the calendar crashing the DM. I have followed all of the advice for my Curve, which started having this problem yesterday. I've had it all of 9 days, and I'm going insane with this issue. Deleted the Intellisync folder....NO JOY. It just keeps coming back. Uninstalled/Reinstalled the DM twice....no change. Running out of patience.

Please someone tell me there is another fix before I stomp this BB like an icky crawling bug!!!!
    09-29-08 10:49 PM
    "Click Start and Control Panel. Switch to Classic View (if you haven't already) and click on the Administration Tools icon. In the list that opens click on Local Security Policy, and in the next window, Local Policies (a tiny bit redundant, but all UIs can't be perfect -- If UAC is running you'll get a UAC pop-up somewhere in here). In the Local Policies list click Security Options, and scroll down to "User Account Control: Behavior" (the full title of the policy is "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" but the window barely opens that far). Double-click the title and in the dialog box change its setting from "Prompt for Consent" to "Elevate without prompting." Click OK and the urge to tear your hair and scream at your PC will be greatly diminished in the future."

The above is from the article below. The article wasn't about the BB problem but guess what? It fixes it. Add a www. to the front and an .html to the end (9posts to go). Enjoy.

informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/06/dont_shut_off_v
    10-06-08 12:28 PM
    Hello All
    I am running on VISTA and cannot locate Intellisync folder..any suggestions ?
    11-03-08 08:42 AM
    It looks like there are a number of things that help fix the DM crashing when synching calendar with Outlook. Deleting the Intellisync folder did not work for me. The latest one I have come across that works is this (BTW - I am running Vista Home along with Outlook 2007 to a BB Curve):

-Upgraded from DM 4.3 to 4.6
    -When it crashed (after a few days of working well) i went to Backup & Restore>Advanced
    -With device attached, the "Device databases" window should be populated
    -Scroll down to Calendar (Not Calendar-All) and select it>Select "Clear"
    -Once it clears out all the Calendar items, re-sync your BB.

This has worked for me the last 2 times the DM has decided to crash. It's a bit of a nuissance that the DM decides to crash for no apparent reason, but at least this is a quick and easy reset that repopulates your BB calendar and eliminates the crash state.

Hope this helps!

Rick
    Last edited by helosarrick; 11-04-08 at 10:33 AM.
    11-04-08 10:18 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD