To begin, this is my first post here and I am unsure if this is the right location, so by all means move it if it is not.

I have a pearl 8130 and do not have BIS or any internet plan. I was wondering if it was possible to use blackberry desktop manager to sync with google calendar and contacts or if there was any other through-pc way of doing so.

Thanks,
    kahm
    04-19-09 07:36 PM
    To begin, this is my first post here and I am unsure if this is the right location, so by all means move it if it is not.

I have a pearl 8130 and do not have BIS or any internet plan. I was wondering if it was possible to use blackberry desktop manager to sync with google calendar and contacts or if there was any other through-pc way of doing so.

Thanks,
    kahm
    This can't be done in any method that would be supported.
    You'd need to get a Data Plan.
    If you did, you could use Gsync.
    google.com/mobile/default/sync.html

Other than that, the DTM software won't do this for you.
    04-19-09 08:32 PM
    Oh. No wonder I couldn't find anything on the interwebs.

Thanks Anyway.
    04-19-09 09:13 PM
    Are you looking for syncing or a one time put the contacts and calendar on the phone type of thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 10:01 PM
    Syncing would be ideal. But if its one time then that is sufficient for at least moving my contacts.
    04-19-09 10:40 PM
    You could download the contacts from gmail and then sync them over one time because if you change anything on your phone or on gmail it won't update the other, but it will save you having to type all you contacts into your BB. Let mw know how it goes. You download your contavts by clicking the export option. Click the vcard option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD