Stupid question but does using the phone as a modem via the BB Desktop get charged by VZW? I know that most phones have to pay an extra fee to use them as a modem but the other phones don't also have a stand alone program like the desktop manager for this. I just was curious if I was going to be charged for using this feature even though we all pay the BB $30 data plan. Thanks in advance, honestly have not thought to really use this feature yet up until now due to not needing it until now lol.
    06-22-10 06:36 AM
    If this means anything, it uses the tethering ports. Sprint simply will not let it authenticate because I do not have a tethering plan. My guess is that Verizon will charge if you use it.
    06-22-10 07:03 AM
    Well it would be cool to hear from someone with vzw that's used this feature before if they do charge for using the BB manager modem function. I appreciate the response from the sprint side of the house rats

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 09:02 AM
    Well it would be cool to hear from someone with vzw that's used this feature before if they do charge for using the BB manager modem function. I appreciate the response from the sprint side of the house rats

After you connect, any website you go to will get re directed to VZW signup for tethering page. Yes you will need to pay. To tether using desktop manager or vzw acess will cost you $30 on top of your $30 data plan. It is prorated tho and will cost $1 per day and you can start/stop the service whenever you want and only be charged for that day
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 06-22-10 at 10:31 AM.
    06-22-10 10:25 AM
    Aha so that's how it works. Thanks for the info. Guess its not THAT important to tether LOL

06-22-10 10:37 AM
    Aha so that's how it works. Thanks for the info. Guess its not THAT important to tether LOL

You could try tether. It works good and has a 7 day trial. It goes on sale for half price quite often too

Tether for Blackberry

Tether for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    06-22-10 10:41 AM
    You could try tether. It works good and has a 7 day trial. It goes on sale for half price quite often too

Tether for Blackberry

Tether for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Posting off my laptop using Tether. Thank you very much!

It's half off today only looks like too.
    06-22-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD