Total Noob here...

I bought my first BB a year ago (Curve 8330) and at the time did not have internet access at home. (Did everything OTA) When I finally got the net a few months later, I downloaded desktop manger, and plugged my berry into it ONCE. I got so used to not having it, that I didn't see the usefulness in it.

Well this time around, I am upgrading to the Bold 9700, and I want to utilize the desktop manger to it's full potential. Starting with (I'm assuming) transfering all my contacts and bookmarks (can I really?) from my Curve to my new 9700.

Is desktop manager the way to do this? Am I totally off the mark?

Any help ot pointing me to another forum/section on CB would be much appreciated
    12-03-09 12:02 AM
    You can use the Switch Device Wizard in DM to port your personal data from your Curve to your 9700. You can also make a backup of your Curve using DM and restore the backup on your 9700. A backup will get your personal data only, and will not include applications.
    12-03-09 12:33 AM
    Thanks!
    I used the Device Wizard, and it seemed to work seemlessly, however none of my 3rd party apps came over.
    12-04-09 10:56 AM
    I've never tried to port apps using the Switch Device wizard. I just reinstall them. That's one reason I try to stay away from OTA app installs. If you have the alx file on a PC, you can always reinstall it.
    12-04-09 11:21 AM
    Thanks, good to know for my new device! I've always done everything OTA.
    12-04-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD