To run on a Mac, the software requires OS 10.5 or later. Unfortunately, I am stuck on OS 10.4 for now. Is it possible to update a Storm without the Blackberry Desktop Manager software? I would like to update my Storm but I do not have a way to do this right now. Thanks.
    10-31-09 01:04 AM
    The only way is via DM or loader. Since this is a core upgrade it's too massive to do over the air. Do you have access to a PC you can load DM on?
    10-31-09 01:52 AM
    Or, do you have the program where you run windows on your Mac?
    10-31-09 01:57 AM
    I'm a Mac girl, so maybe I can help. You can buy The Missing Sync for Blackberry - it's a desktop manager specifically made for Macs. There may be a Storm version, not sure.
    11-01-09 04:02 PM
    What's a loader? I'm having the same exact issue. Although, a rep at my local Verizon store said that I can do it via the blackberry website without having to download the desktop manager (not that i would be able to). He said something about selecting "software install or installer" something to that effect. I, for the life of me couldn't find it. he said it worked for him. Any ideas?
    01-30-10 12:13 AM
    Try going to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software.

If you can't do the upgrade on your Mac, you should be able to go to pretty much any Windows PC and run the update (again, no need for the Desktop Manager).
    01-30-10 02:12 AM
    To run on a Mac, the software requires OS 10.5 or later. Unfortunately, I am stuck on OS 10.4 for now. Is it possible to update a Storm without the Blackberry Desktop Manager software? I would like to update my Storm but I do not have a way to do this right now. Thanks.
    If you have an Intel Mac (not PowerPC) you may be able to use VirtualBox, and install Windows within that. Then you could download and install the update via your virtual Windows.

I believe also that VMware Fusion also has a trial version that you could install for this.

Sadly, we Mac-heads still have to use Windows for some BB stuff, as the BB software options for us all blow chunks.
    01-30-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD