Should I uninstall Desktop Manager 4.6 first? Will installing over 4.6 break my old backups or something else?
    04-10-10 02:54 PM
    You don't need to uninstall DM 4.6. If you do, the uninstall process will also remove your installed OS versions. That's generally not what you want to have happen. Your old backups will work normally with DM 5.0.
    04-10-10 03:09 PM
    Thanks a lot for the help!

Will backing up my data save the passwords stored in Password Keeper? I have a bunch of job application site logins that I can't remember.
    04-10-10 03:16 PM
    I don't use the Password Keeper, so I can't say for sure, but I think that it will be backed up. Since there's no way to export from the Password Keeper, if DM doesn't back it up, then there would be no backup for it. That seems unlikely.
    04-10-10 04:22 PM
    You don't need to uninstall DM 4.6. If you do, the uninstall process will also remove your installed OS versions. That's generally not what you want to have happen. Your old backups will work normally with DM 5.0.
    I don't think that is true. I have uninstalled DM and the OS installs stay on my PC. They are two completely separate installs. This is on XP. Maybe it is different on Vista or 7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 04:35 PM
    I didn't believe it either. I had to see for myself. Check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...9/index37.html
    04-10-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD