I recently plugged my BB into my laptop and at DM launch, it suggested I download the newest version. I did, but now it won't detect my phone. I did a complete uninstall of 7.1 (using Revo) and re-install of 6, but it still doesn't detect my BB. This whole issue has been extremely taxing. I was initially interested in the BB 10, but after this headache, I'll pass!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's been awhile since I backed up my BB and I have a lot of new pics that I just don't want to lose.

Thanks!
    06-26-13 02:31 PM
    very unfortunate to tell you that its usually a must to backup before software loads they are quite dangerous not just for BB but all platforms. I have learned it the hard way lost all my info on an iphone destoryed my android and software locked my bb many times. its fully fixable minus the data loss. but id look at kb00125 off of blackberry.com/btsc for connectivity issues.

edit: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    06-26-13 02:35 PM
    So sorry for the delayed response. I never received an email notification that anyone responded to my question, so I assumed no one did. Thank you very much for responding Nameless. I agree, it is best to backup before installing a new update. I've learned my lesson too. Sorry to hear that you lost all your data info. I know what you're going through because I lost all my data stored on a external drive when my dog somehow got his massive paws caught in the usb cord and ripped it off the desk and it crashed to the floor.

Fortunately for me, I just re-installed DM and it suddenly recognized my phone.
    08-03-13 03:51 PM