Has anyone tried to use either of these Unihertz devices AT&T Service? I am a bit confused, not hard to do with anything digital that is more complicated than using the TV remote, and even then only after either my son or my neighbor's son has programmed for me in the first place. I am still trying to stumble around trying to case something from an Android phone or an iPhone to the TV, but none of that really matters nearly as much as finding a cell phone with a QWERTY ( or even an Alpha) Tactile Keyboard. I truly hate any of the Android phones, or even the iPhone 13, which is supposed to be some sort of state of the art means of communicating, generally because I can never get through even dialing a phone number, or logging into a site, especially when I try to use my password and there is no way to see which specific letter type is keeping me from doing something. There are times when my finger hovers over these electronic keyboards under glass too closely, or for a longer than the allowable amount of time and the phone just types whatever letter it thinks I am considering without waiting for my finger to actually touch the "keyboard" at all.

I also have T-Mobile service for my personal cell phone device, mostly to keep business separated from non-business use, but if it works on their service, and not AT&T right now I would reach out for an unlocked phone. I would even consider changing one of my company cellphones over to Verizon if that was the only service that they work on right now, but I would be more reluctant to do so as I think that Verizon uses something like CDMA phones that would not be able to be converted over to AT&T in the future. My business partner, our Technical Support guru tells me to just get used to it, or buy one of those Bluetooth keyboards, but that means just having even more clutter to find a way to mount in a transferable mount so that it could go from vehicle to vehicle. I am going to hide his Sat-Phone from him for about a month or so and wait until he says he needs to buy a new one because somehow he managed to lose the one he had/has.

One more really dumb question, is it even possible to change the OS on a Blackberry from BB10 to an Android OS, still using the BB Classic device?
    buckyshelby344 likes this.
    03-07-22 01:34 PM
    Has anyone tried to use either of these Unihertz devices AT&T Service?
    Neither are whitelisted by AT&T for use on its post-3G network.

And without band 71, they will be problematic on TMO as well.

In the US, there is little option apart from using a carrier-approved 5G device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-07-22 01:50 PM
    One more really dumb question, is it even possible to change the OS on a Blackberry from BB10 to an Android OS, still using the BB Classic device?
    No.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-07-22 01:52 PM
    You could try and purchase an AT&T branded KeyOne or Priv. But how long this is an option for is uncertain. Not to mention they're woefully old and all the problems that come with that (security and performance for starters).

Conite will correct me if this is even an option now. But that's what I'm doing with my Priv sometimes.
    03-08-22 04:22 AM
    Neither are whitelisted by AT&T for use on its post-3G network.

And without band 71, they will be problematic on TMO as well.

In the US, there is little option apart from using a carrier-approved 5G device.
    What would be your best guess as to when a 5G phone will be required in all the US? Can you make a ballpark estimate?
    03-09-22 01:53 AM
    What would be your best guess as to when a 5G phone will be required in all the US? Can you make a ballpark estimate?
    If you're talking AT&T, regarding 3G shutdown, it's already happened, 3G is either already off in many areas or turning off any day. The official deadline has already passed. The 5G requirement is really about whether your VoLTE coverage is sufficient for your needs at this point. I'm surviving on my 4G VoLTE only lines but 5G is better coverage.
    03-09-22 05:33 AM
    Now....

It really depends on where you live and what network you have and which phone your using.

If your talking about a POCKET on TMO... without B71 and without 3G, it's going to be limited once the towers are shut off. T-Mobile is already doing that in some markets, but this summers is when it's suppose to really go into "full" effect. But if you live/work and commute where bands 2, 5, 4, 12 and 66 are good enough... you might be just fine as is. I'm sure we will have some saying next year that they Pocket or Passport works just fine (for them) on T-Mobile. But many more would find coverage unacceptable using a device that doesn't have band 71 or 5G bands.
    03-09-22 07:13 AM