I have a BB Bold 9780 and when I connect to BB Desktop Manager I'm informed that I have a new update.
    The software version I am using is 6.0 Bundle 2391
    The update available is 6.0 Bundle 2647.
    It is true to say that all I know how to do is 'click update' - which I've done, but then I get an error 'Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvenience.' I don't understand the software lingo, so if someone can tell me in layman terms how I can go about resolving this issue please, I'll be very grateful.

Also, when I click in to the report on the error it says 'AppName: loader.exe AppVer: 6.0.1.33 ModName: loader.exe
    ModVer: 6.0.1.33 Offset: 0015a360' - not sure if that is of any use to anyone lol - but I would appreciate some help. Thanks
    08-25-11 04:49 PM
    No idea what that error is, but try rebooting your PC and give it another go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 05:00 PM
    No idea what that error is, but try rebooting your PC and give it another go.

Rebooted my PC but still getting the same error.. Haven't a clue what I'm gona do. Only reason I want to get the update is because I was told this may solve another problem - some of my BBM contacts are pending - so if I try this update it might fix that problem. Thanks anyhow..

08-25-11 05:53 PM
    I would consider checking if you have the latest Desktop Manager installed, too. You can also try installing the latest OS and updating through AppLoader. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this in the BlackBerry Help tab.
    08-25-11 05:53 PM
    I actually updated the Desktop Manager prior to this, as it told me I couldn't install the update to my phone until I updated the Desktop Manager - all a bit too much updating for me. I only got this phone brand new 1 week ago so I thought it would have been up to date..should I go back to the shop & get them to do the updating?
    Where is AppLoader? Is that through BB App World? (That's how clueless I am lol)

08-25-11 06:09 PM
    I actually updated the Desktop Manager prior to this, as it told me I couldn't install the update to my phone until I updated the Desktop Manager - all a bit too much updating for me. I only got this phone brand new 1 week ago so I thought it would have been up to date..should I go back to the shop & get them to do the updating?
    Where is AppLoader? Is that through BB App World? (That's how clueless I am lol)

AppLoader is on your PC. You should read how to upgrade an OS in the article on BlackBerry Help (it's a tab on the main CrackBerry page). The best place to start is to read the Help articles there. It will walk you through how to upgrade an OS. This is general idea:

Following download, run OS file to install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled and also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, go to
    Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions). Enjoy!
    08-25-11 07:15 PM
    Hi there
    I guess I got similar issue. I have tried to update the software to 6.0 Bundle 2647
    the one I have at the moment is (2475)

I have followed the instructions trying everything from Desktop Manager to the Apploader but nothing happens really.

the software I am using now shrinks my battery life to less than 6 hours and I dont know what to do. i thought it was a problem with the battery so replaced it but same issue.

Help me out here pls.
    Last edited by dxb69; 08-25-11 at 11:17 PM.
    08-25-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD