Morning Peeps.

I am unable to delete my old 9900 .bbb files from my computer. It keeps telling me that I need admin permissions, even though I am the admin.

I am using win 7 and the latest version of desktop software.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
    04-23-13 01:14 AM
    anyone????????

Sent from my Playbook
    04-24-13 03:38 PM
    anyone????????

Sent from my Playbook
    seriously

Sent from my Playbook
    04-27-13 05:31 PM
    I have not run into something like that in years. I can remember a few times having to go into DOS mode to delete a file. Can you even do that in Win 7? The only other idea I would try is boot from a Linux CD and delete the file. If you figure it out please post.
    deejayburnout likes this.
    04-27-13 05:38 PM
    Is there a padlock beside the BlackBerry backup file, if so needing to remove that, instruction google Microsoft etc.
    I have had this issue, just cant think how I managed it, it wasn't possible via the registry either.
    05-01-13 04:16 PM
    Is there a padlock beside the BlackBerry backup file, if so needing to remove that, instruction google Microsoft etc.
    I have had this issue, just cant think how I managed it, it wasn't possible via the registry either.
    Thanks for the reply.

I will check my pc when the Mrs gets off it. Cannot say I have seen the padlock.
    05-01-13 04:28 PM
    Is this a new computer or has it been pre owned? If its been pre owned, you, although you are the administrator, may not be the owner of the file. If that is the case then you will need to look into the permissions of the system. There are ways to take ownership.

Right click file go properties, go security, look at the permissions they should look like only your details, computer name/administrator plus your computer name/user name.
    If this is not the case refer to Microsoft forums win 7 for instructions as this is an element of windows 7 not BlackBerry files. Let us know how you get on
    05-02-13 03:59 AM
    Finally managed to do this

here is how

In order to change multiple permissions at once you must first obtain ownership of the directory that contains the files that you need to change permissions for (do this by right-clicking the Drive (not the one that windows is installed on), folders, etc > Properties > then click the Security tab > then look towards the bottom right hand side and click "Advanced" > then click the Owner tab > then click Edit > then find your username under "Change owner to:" > then make sure that the checkbox next to "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" is checked > then click Apply)

Then click OK until all property windows are closed. Then:

Right-click the same directory, folder, or file > click Advanced (next to "For special permissions or advanced settings click Advanced") > click Change Permissions > click Add... > enter your username in the box (under "Enter the object names to select") > click OK > check the box (next to "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object") > click Apply > Then click OK (to exit out of all property windows)
    10-09-13 12:35 AM
    That sounds brilliant 100% for all your effort, this ownership lark can be difficult and it takes courage to change things.
    10-09-13 02:52 AM