I have a Curve 8330 and installed the new Desktop Manager 6 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) brand new laptop. I can sync the device fine with Outlook 7, but when attempting to backup it gets to the end and then gives an error "All data was not backed up"; when I view details, it says "Date type - profiles" and "entries - 7/11." I click OK (the only option available) and the backup file is never created.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this. Maybe I should just go back to a previous version of Desktop Manager?
    09-16-10 03:57 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 and installed the new Desktop Manager 6 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) brand new laptop. I can sync the device fine with Outlook 7, but when attempting to backup it gets to the end and then gives an error "All data was not backed up"; when I view details, it says "Date type - profiles" and "entries - 7/11." I click OK (the only option available) and the backup file is never created.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this. Maybe I should just go back to a previous version of Desktop Manager?
    I just went threw that myself a few weeks back and I also have Window 7 -I decided to uninstalled Desktop Manager 6 and returned to the software disk my BB came with..now I don't have any issues.... I don't think that upgrade is not compatible for our 8330 devices...
    09-16-10 04:59 PM
    Your profiles database may be corrupt. If that's the case you'll have to delete it, which will delete your profiles and you'll have to remake them.
    09-19-10 06:41 PM
    The only profiles I have are those that came with my Curve. Is there somewhere that I could simply load them?
    09-20-10 10:37 AM
    If you haven't made any changes to the profiles, then I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem, as deleting the profiles database basically resets all the profiles to defaults. That's what happened when I had to erase the profiles database for the same problem.
    09-21-10 02:16 PM
    Guess I'm still a newbie on this kind of stuff... how do I erase the profiles database?
    09-22-10 09:51 AM
    bump.............
    09-27-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD