I've searched for an answer to this. I've found posts that touch on it but don't completely answer it for me.

I'm syncing a Curve 9330, OS 6, to Outlook on my Win 7 desktop. I want to get a new Blackberry, Bold or Torch, OS7, and sync the new phone as I have the old one.
    I don't want to also sync the old phone but I want to use it as a backup since I use it in my business. I want to occasionally do a one way copy from Outlook to the old phone OR
    restore a current backup to the old phone so it has current data in case I should need it.
    I read enough places about changing phones but it sounds like BB Desktop forgets the old phone.
    Is there a way to do what I want, occasionally copy Outlook data to a second phone?

THANKS!!!!
    02-17-13 11:50 AM
    Hi MrZippy,

I think there's a guide here on the BlackBerry support page that might help you, it mentions backing up one phone and restoring to another. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works,but maybe you could take a look at it, from what it looks like you can even restore selectively. Hope it helps, gluck!
    02-27-13 11:00 AM