First, when I do a backup using Desktop Manager, I now get an error message that not all of my data was backed up. Details = Address Book Last Used Hints 0/1.

Second, Desktop Manager>Applications is now only showing installed app data and not Operating System data (like languages and such). I think the second issue may have to do with the over-the-air install not updating the loader.exe file in my PC (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files Directory). In Desktop Manager>?>Support Resources>Installed Blackberry Device Software, it shows v7.0.0.255.

Any advice for either?
    01-10-12 12:13 PM
    First question: I'm not sure on that one, but it may be related to the second question.
    Second: Yes, updating OTA does not update you DM, you will have to wait for a downloadable 7.1 to have your DM have access to updated files. This may be why Address Book is giving you issues.
    sehale likes this.
    01-10-12 02:38 PM
    Oddly enough, ran DM again (after multiple Torch and PC reboots throughout the day after the OTA update) and this time the new 7.1 OS files were there. Interesting as I have not downloaded the update files to my PC. I will so it is stored locally on my PC when they become available later. The backup error is still there but research says it is inconsequential so I am not worried about it.
    01-10-12 07:21 PM
    I resolved the second issue of the address book last used hints error during backup. I went to DM>Device>Restore and chose a backup immediately prior to the OTA update. Under Select Data To Restore, I chose Select Device Data and Settings. I UNchecked the Files Saved On My Built-In Media Storage and scrolled down to the Address Book Last Used Hints database. (In the pre-OTA database, there was one record. In all of the post-OTA databases, the entry was 0.) Clicked Restore and the one record was restored. Ran another backup and the error message was gone.
    01-10-12 07:43 PM
    Oddly enough, ran DM again (after multiple Torch and PC reboots throughout the day after the OTA update) and this time the new 7.1 OS files were there. Interesting as I have not downloaded the update files to my PC. I will so it is stored locally on my PC when they become available later. The backup error is still there but research says it is inconsequential so I am not worried about it.
    DM can be set to auto-download updated software. It may have been updating in the background while you were working with the phone.
    sehale likes this.
    01-11-12 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD