I am having some connection problems with my Storm 2. I will try to describe the different problems and those of you people that are much smarter than me, hopefully, can point me in the right direction.

#1 AC wall charger must be pushed in firmly and the the phone must lean on the USB in order to charge properly. But ONLY with my charger at home. Car Charger and charger at work seen to be ok.

#2 Unable to connect my Storm 2 via USB to my Tether App. It says network cable unplugged.

#3 When trying to hook my phone, again via USB, to the Desktop Manager on my laptop, my phone flashes back and forth between bedside mode and data exchange mode (image with device and desktop with back and forth arrow). It asks for the password and seems to recognize that my phone is there, but when I try to set up the organizer configuration, it just times out and does nothing. If i hook it to my work desktop it seems to work ok.

Not sure if I have a bad USB port on my phone, or a bad USB port(s) on my laptop, abd why does only one charger seem to give me fits???

I'm lost. Could someone please help a brother out?

Thanks,,
    E
    01-06-11 06:08 PM
    Are you using the same USB cable with the laptop and the work desktop?

What happens when you use a flash drive with the laptop? Does the flash drive also lose the connection?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 06:49 PM
    Same cable yes. And a thumb drive works ok as well...

I kept playing with it and finally got my phone to sync up with my laptop via USB cable. Now all of my connection problems seem to be working fine. I do not mean to look a gift horse in the mouth but I sure wish I knew what the problem was so I can fix it next time...
    01-07-11 05:36 PM
    About your wall AC wall charger.....you need another charger, I think the wall charger pin is damaged. You said all your connections work fine, I'm assuming hooking up to your pc is sorted but not your wall charger issue. Sounds like your usb port on your laptop is faulty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by f0xx386; 01-07-11 at 07:10 PM.
    01-07-11 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD